Games Design Teacher
We are looking for a passionate practitioner or teacher to deliver Games Design at KS4. You would be the sole teacher of this course, but would have support from other teachers in the high tech and creative team. This course is thriving and on track as it has had excellent teaching to date.
This is a part time position, working 0.4 FTE on Monday am, Wednesday am, Thursday pm and Friday pm.
Essential educational requirements
• Degree in relevant subject area
• QTS status
Essential skills and experience
• Games Design practitioner
• Understanding the importance of raising the standard of teaching, intervening and using a range of strategies to raise achievement.
• The ability to inspire and develop others.
• Skill set that will facilitates excellent delivery of the Cambridge National Certificate in Creative iMedia and in particular the games design units R091 and R092.
• Skills to prepare and deliver high-quality schemes of work that challenge all abilities to learn and make progress.
• Able to plan linked lessons that use differentiated objectives and formative assessment to challenge all abilities.
• Excellent IT skills including use of the Adobe suite
• Experience of game building software.
• Access to our pension scheme - Local Government Pension Scheme (if eligible)
• Dedicated Training and Development programmes
• Health and wellness sessions and discounts.
• Secured discounts for staff at a number of gyms in the local area.
• Flu Jabs
• Annual CLF conferences which provides CPD opportunity
• Comprehensive Induction process
• Competitive salaries which are reviewe annually
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Generous annual leave entitlement for staff who work all year round
About Digitech Studio School
- Tower Road North, Bristol, BS30 8XQ
- Free School
- Digitech Studio School website (opens in a new window)