- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- £28,000 – 32,000 per annum, depending on experience
JOB DESCRIPTION & PERSON SPECIFICATION
Post Title: GCSE English Teacher
Salary: £28,000 – 32,000 per annum, depending on experience.
Full/part time: Full time, permanent position
Start Date: 13th December 2021
Reporting to: Curriculum Manager
Location: Big Creative Academy, Clifton Avenue, Walthamstow, London E17 6HL
Purpose of the role: Delivery of learning programmes, assistance to students and tutorial support.
• Prepare, teach and assess GCSE English course
• Provide pastoral support to students
• Teaches groups including associated preparation and marking.
• Designs and prepares learning materials.
• Assesses students, including formative and summative assessments, internal verification and supervision of assessments.
• Maintains and provides records and statistical checks in relation to own teaching, including enrolment checks, attendance records and the like.
• Participates in activities to publicise courses.
• Assists in planning and developing courses and course materials.
• Participates as a member of one or more course teams in employer liaison (as appropriate), maintaining standards and targets, reviewing and evaluating course provision and joint action planning.
• Provides advice and guidance to prospective students together with interviewing and APL work.
• Participates in student enrolment and induction.
• To plan, manage and ensure the effective deployment of the resource requirements for the services that are the responsibility of the role.
• Promotes and implements all Academy policies, particularly those which refer to health and safety, equality of opportunity, maintaining standards of student behaviour and safeguarding young people and vulnerable adults. Participates in Academy programmes of staff appraisal and continuing professional development.
• Develop effective working relationships internally and with external partners.
• To operate at all times in line with the Academy’s values and behaviours.
• To work towards the behaviours outlined in the Excellence in Teaching framework at Appendix A.
This job description is designed to outline a range of main duties that may be encountered. It is not designed to be an exhaustive listing of tasks and can be varied in consultation with the post holder in order to reflect changes in the job or the organisation.
Qualifications/Competencies Degree or equivalent and qualified teacher status
Relevant Experience Evidence of the ability to deliver consistently good or better teaching, learning and assessment and a proven track record in planning and delivering an excellent learning experience
Experience of teaching with the 16-19 age group
Knowledge A well-developed understanding of the particular needs of the 16-19 age group both in full-time education and employment and of the professional challenges by inner city students many of whom come from deprived backgrounds
An understanding of and commitment to safeguarding young people and vulnerable adults.
• motivation to work with children/young people/vulnerable adults
• ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children and young people/vulnerable adults
• emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviours
• attitudes to use of authority and maintaining discipline
Skills/Ability Ability to teach GCSE English courses
Ability to provide learning and tutorial support for students
Excellent planning, organisation, IT and administrative skills, the ability to see projects through to a successful conclusion, and a general high level of efficiency
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
Personal Skills Demonstrate enthusiasm
Aptitude for hard work, the ability to take initiatives, a flexible approach and an ability to implement change
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.