Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Brooklands School is looking to appoint an inspirational and highly motivated Class Teacher with a real passion and determination to make a significant difference in every lesson.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of outstanding and engaging lessons across all year groups and will be able to effectively assess students against learning outcomes and ensure effective progress is made. They will have high expectations of pupil behaviour and establish a consistent level of discipline, maintaining productive and respectful relationships with students.
An ideal candidate will have:
• Excellent subject knowledge and proven track record of raising attainment
• Primary education background.
• The abilities and skills to engage, enthuse and challenge learners of all abilities
• The experience and ability to teach outstanding lessons
• and a committed team player
• demonstrate high levels of ambition and optimism regarding what the academy and its students can achieve
• have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of pupils
• Good general subject knowledge plus an interest in teaching Maths and Humanities would be preferable
Candidates will be required to teach throughout the school and should be prepared to make a full contribution to the extra-curricular activities of the school.
Applying for the job
Please use the the schools application form which can be found with the supporting documents.
575 pupils enrolled
9 to 13
About Brooklands Middle School
Brooklands School is a middle school for aged 9 to13 (Years 5 to 8).
At Brooklands our aim is to provide a caring, safe, secure, happy and protective environment in which each child can develop their full potential. This is encapsulated in our mission statement “Ready, Respectful, Safe”.
Brooklands children are recognised as individuals with their own special needs and
preferred ways of learning. We do our best to cater for each child as an individual and through setting achievable targets provide clear guidance as to how they can progress and take the next educational steps in every area of the taught curriculum and beyond. In recognising children as individuals we are very aware of the need for a climate of mutual respect to exist between teacher and student and where students can develop and grow in a risk-free and supportive environment.
Arranging a visit to Brooklands Middle School
Visits to the school are usually welcome from prospective candidates but due to COVID restrictions please contact the school office if a visit is required.