- Job role
- Teaching assistant
SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
- Working pattern
- Part time
30 hours per week, term time only
- Contract type
- Fixed term (As long as the named child remains on the school roll)
- Annual or full time equivalent (FTE) salary
- Actual salary
We are seeking to appoint x4 enthusiastic individuals to join the learning support team. We are committed to ensuring every student reaches their full potential and we are looking for colleagues who will help shape this vision and join a friendly, supportive and committed team.
Duties of the post will include:
• Preparing a range of learning resources
• Working in a team context, forging and sustaining relationships across agencies and respecting the contribution of others
• Providing, with appropriate guidance and supervision limits, educational, emotional and physical support
• Assisting in the implementation of appropriate behaviour management strategies
• Providing support and encouragement
• Providing feedback on the students to the class teacher or other appropriate person, to support the planning and evaluation of the learning process in respect of groups and individual students
• Communicating effectively with students, families and carers
• Working under the direction of teaching or other appropriate staff in supporting the learning process
• Supervising students sitting internal and external examinations as required
• Complying with policies and procedures relating to child protection, confidentiality, health & safety and security
• Adhering to the school’s safeguarding policies and procedures and having a thorough understanding of the DfE’s Keeping Children Safe in Education publication
SEN allowance included
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- School size
- 316 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
About The Wensleydale School & Sixth Form
We are situated in the heart of the picturesque Yorkshire Dales, a spectacular place to live and work. While this means that we may be smaller than the average secondary, it does not mean that our desire to achieve excellence for our students is in any way diminished.
In fact, we punch above our weight in everything that we do.
In debating, we compete against leading independent schools in national finals. We are very proud of our successes on the sports field, taking home trophies from many of the local sporting competitions. Our enrichment activities and trips are the envy of other schools.
Above all, the key reason staff stay at Wensleydale is our students. They are the key factor in making the school a welcoming and friendly learning environment and they are committed to adhering and respecting the three key behaviours that shape the school’s mission and ethos: hardworking, positive and respectful.
Where our staff live and travel from is diverse: Leeds and the towns and cities of the North East are all commutable, and we border the Lake District, Lancashire, County Durham, and Yorkshire & Humber regions.
Arranging a visit to The Wensleydale School & Sixth Form
Please contact the school office on 01969 622244 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org