Turing House School, Teddington
|Subjects||Geography, Politics, Other|
|Working pattern||Will consider full-time, part-time|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £28,355 to £44,541 per year (full-time equivalent)|
We are seeking to appoint a NQT or an experienced Geography/ Humanities Teacher to join our passionate team in January 2020.
You will join us at an exciting time with our first academic year of GCSE exams, whilst planning and recruiting are underway for our sixth form that opens in 2020, providing a rare opportunity to make a mark on the new school and develop your career with us.
There is no closing date, candidates will be contacted as and when applications are received.
Essential educational requirements
Qualified Teacher Status
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
The successful candidate will:
• be either a NQT or an experienced teacher, inspired by the opportunities of a new growing school
• be an excellent classroom practitioner with a high level of subject expertise
• be confident in teaching Humanities from Key Stage 3 to GCSE
• be committed to the constant improvement of an already vibrant curriculum
• be flexible, dedicated and passionate about delivering exceptional learning experiences and ensuring all students achieve the best possible outcomes
• have excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
• share the school’s mission and ethos
We can offer:
• opportunities for ongoing professional development
• a professionally-stimulating and supportive working environment
• smaller classes of 25
• TLR - available now and in the future for suitably qualified and experienced candidates to develop their careers
|School type||Free School|
|School size||451 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 19|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Turing House School website (opens in a new window)|
About Turing House School
Turing House School is an inspirational new 11-19 secondary school, currently with years 7 to 11. Our first four years have established us as a successful and exceptionally popular school, being oversubscribed with waiting lists for each year group. In May 2018, we were delighted when Ofsted judged as good overall with outstanding leadership and management as well as personal development, behaviour and welfare. The school’s new-build permanent site in Whitton will be ready during the academic year 2020/21, with state of the art facilities. Until then we are based in high quality accommodation on two sites in Teddington and Hampton. The School is developing strong STEM and Music specialisms and particularly welcomes applicants whose experience supports the further development of these distinctive aspects of school life.
You will join us at an exciting time with the opening of our sixth form and the academic year we relocate in to our permanent site, providing a rare opportunity for an inspirational teacher to make a mark on the new school and develop your career with us.
2 Queen's Road, Teddington, TW11 0LR