We were inspected by Ofsted at the beginning of November 2022 and are very pleased that Samuel Ward Academy has been graded good in all areas. The report shows that very substantial progress has been made since the previous inspection in 2019. We are looking for an enthusiastic geography teacher to join us as we enter a new and exciting phase of the school’s development.
We will offer you:
- A supportive culture where teachers are free to focus on teaching and learning
- A strong focus on student behaviour with a centralised detention system run by SLT
- A wide range of CPD opportunities
- Opportunities for career progression (including the opportunity to participate in the Trust’s Leadership Development Programme)
- An ethos of innovation and experimentation; we are currently piloting whole-class marking and a new approach to homework.
Samuel Ward is a highly successful oversubscribed 11-18 co-educational academy with 1320 pupil on roll. We are situated in pleasant surroundings on the western edge of Suffolk, within easy reach of Cambridge and Bury St Edmunds. We benefit from excellent facilities, and our new £10m building opened in April 2019.
For the school year 2023/24, Unity Schools Partnership are piloting a two week October half term break. Other holidays remain in line with national patterns. The school day has been extended slightly to ensure we deliver the same amount of in-school time over the year.
Unity Schools Partnership is committed to safer recruitment, equal opportunities, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be required.
This job post has expired.