Aylward Academy is an inclusive 11-19 community school and proud to serve the communities around Enfield. Over the last 4 years our school has been transformed and we are looking forward to continued success.
If you’re an outstanding, enthusiastic and ambitious Geography Teacher with QTS who can teach at KS3 and KS4 and across all ability ranges, and thinking about your next career move, please get in touch. You will demonstrate high standards of delivery in a consistent manner and be committed to improving achievement across all key stages.
We can offer you:
- The CPD at Aylward is excellent, there is a wide range of personalised opportunities to develop your practice and further develop your career. As a team we support and challenge each other through meetings, peer observation, mentoring and team planning.
- Opportunities to join a career development programme in line with your professional development – ie Ambition School Leadership, Transforming Teacher programme, Tailored Support Programme
- An extremely diverse and engaging student body; working at Aylward will prepare you for any London school and is an exciting challenge for those who’re looking to teach a vibrant multicultural mix of all abilities
- Friendly and supportive SLT - the door is always open to speak freely to senior leaders and you will be warmly received from your very first day
What you can offer us:
The ability to engage a team of colleagues, inspire trust, and implement the right strategies within your classroom to ensure sustained progress across the subject
Be committed to continuous improvement and development of both your students, yourself and the department
Commitment to engage with and inspire pupils and build excellent relationships
Essential educational requirements
You will need an undergraduate degree as a minimum.
You will need to possess QTS as a minimum.
Essential skills and experience
You will need to have experience working with children and teaching Humanities, ideally Geography.
AET believes that each and every child is inspired to choose a remarkable life. Our mission is to gather and motivate inspirational people committed to delivering an excellent education that launches children into remarkable lives.
Our values are:
Be unusually brave
Discover what’s possible
Push the limits
Excellent career prospects across the network, with a culture of looking to promote from within
Access to CPD to enable you to grow and develop in your role
An annual season ticket loan (where applicable)
Teachers' Pension or Local Government Pension Scheme
Something we take very seriously is staff WELLBEING. That’s why we have partnered up with BHSF to provide support and employee benefits, such as a health cash plan scheme to support healthcare, discounted gym membership and a employee assistance programme
A generous annual leave allowance
The opportunity to use Google Suite, which allows you to do your best work, all in one suite
Free car parking (where applicable)
Subsidised or free lunch (where applicable)
About Aylward Academy
- Windmill Road, London, N18 1NB
- Aylward Academy website (opens in a new window)