Applications are welcome from newly qualified and experienced teachers of Geography, who have a passion for their subject and student success. The ability to teach KS3 History would be an advantage. This is a successful department and a very popular subject at all key stages. The department consistently achieves outstanding results. Strong and active field work projects are carried out within KS4 & KS5.
We would like someone who is:
• An outstanding teacher who leads by exemplary practice, which is founded on the belief that every child has the right to excel
• A person who is organised with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• A teacher who is committed to the wellbeing and academic progress of all children
• A person who is able to work in close partnership with the team of teachers at St Thomas More to develop themselves and our students gifts and talents to be the best they can be
We can offer you:
• Children who behave well and want to learn and a committed staff who love their school
• A collaborative partnership with teachers and our local Parish and community of schools
• Support and encouragement to continue with further research or study
• Personal support with our wellbeing programme and support structures
• A supportive community and a well developed programme of CPD and support
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
We aim to develop the school’s community to provide a disciplined, caring and stable environment in which pupils can achieve their best and develop as confident young people, well prepared and fully equipped to make a positive contribution to the wider world as responsible citizens.
As a Catholic school we respect each pupil as a unique person with God given gifts, qualities and particular needs.
Arranging a visit to St Thomas More High School
Prospective candidates are warmly encouraged to contact the school to arrange a time to come and visit us for an informal discussion. Please contact James Hollingsworth, Teaching and Learning Director on 01702 344933 or email email@example.com to arrange a telephone conversation or a tour (with the school’s COVID-19 risk assessment measures in place).