Geography Teacher with TLR
Leeds East Academy is a diverse and vibrant school community which has recently been judged as ‘Good’ across all areas of the Ofsted framework. In the Ofsted report inspectors commented; 'Leaders' aspirations for the school are high. They are determined that all of their pupils, regardless of background, will achieve as highly as possible. Leaders have created an ambitious and optimistic culture across the school'. The school has been on a rapid journey of improvement securing a progress 8 score in 2018 in line with the national average. Housed within a state-of-the-art school building, Leeds East Academy is now the premier choice of school for families in the local area. Leeds East Academy is also a highly desirable and dynamic establishment for ambitious education professionals, who will be joining a forward thinking organisation committed to securing the highest educational, professional and personal standards for the community we serve.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious teacher of Geography to join our passionate team. We are committed to ensuring all students continue to achieve beyond their potential. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity to join a department dedicated to improving outcomes, aspirations and life chances of young people.
The Geography Team at Leeds East Academy has a wide range of experience and skills. The department works collaboratively to develop both learning experiences and professional growth.
Essential educational requirements
Good Degree in relevant subject
PGCE or Equivalent
Essential skills and experience
• Recent, relevant classroom practice
• Evidence of working with young people effectively
• Successful contributions to team work
• Teach to a high standard across all key stages, using professional links to the industry as applicable
• Good all round ICT skills
• Be able to reach a consistently good standard of teaching
• Be resilient, reliable, in good health, and possess a sense of humour
• Ability to use progress data of students to benchmark, track and raise attainment of students for whom responsible
• Knowledge, understanding and commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion informed by practical experience and application
• Knowledge, understanding and commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students
• Enhanced DBS Check
About Leeds East Academy
- South Parkway, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS14 6TY
- Leeds East Academy website (opens in a new window)