- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- French, German
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- Teacher scale up to UPS3
If you have the passion and drive to contribute to the future development of this outstanding Modern Foreign Language department at St Mark's, we look forward to hearing from you.
The Governors are seeking to appoint a teacher of German to teach across the ability and age range, supporting the development of German to the highest standards for all pupils at Key Stages 3–5. The post will be permanent, subject to a probationary period. This is an opportunity to join us at an exciting period in the development of the department. German enjoys strong take-up at Key Stage 4, and the department consistently produces excellent results at both GCSE and A Level. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated and enthusiastic professional and be an excellent classroom practitioner.
We are looking for professionals with:
• Experience of teaching German
• A track record of successful student outcomes at GCSE / A level
• The ability to work with and motivate staff and pupils.
• High expectations of pupil engagement, attainment, and behaviour
In return, the school can offer:
• An established and comprehensive induction programme for new staff
• A strong commitment to your professional development and career management - excellent CPD and leadership development at all levels
• A supportive environment in which your enthusiasm will be encouraged, nurtured, and rewarded.
• A working environment focused on Teaching and Learning and raising standards for all.
• A positive and stimulating school climate which values the contribution of all staff.
Applying for the job
Application form on the school website.
www.st-marks.essex.sch.ukMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, Roman Catholic, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- School size
- 1042 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
About St Mark's West Essex Catholic School
St Mark’s is a successful, well-ordered and caring Catholic school for approximately 1000 boys and girls aged from eleven to eighteen, situated in the heart of Harlow, Essex.
We are committed to the highest level of achievement for pupils of all abilities and we recognise that there are no limits to a child’s potential. We aim to inspire all our pupils to achieve their best through "belonging, engaging and succeeding together". We believe in treating each pupil as an individual and valuing each person’s unique talents. Our curriculum has been designed to offer choice and to nurture all talents and abilities.
Our school was rated “good with outstanding features” by Ofsted in our inspection of October 2017. Our Section 48 inspection, November 2019, judged the school to be ‘outstanding’.
Arranging a visit to St Mark's West Essex Catholic School
For school visits, contact the Headteacher's PA, Mrs Hyder.