Graduate Teaching Assistant
This job expired on 7 November 2022 – see similar jobs
Start date details
As soon as possible
7 November 2022 at 11:59pm
13 September 2022
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Full timejobs - 39 weeks per year, 37.50 hours per week: Mon-Thurs 8.00am-4.25pm, Fri 8.00am-3.10pm; actual salary £18,712.43 - £19,052.61
Full-time equivalent salary
- Grade 2 (Outer London): £21,783-£22,179 FTE
Performance and Loyalty Bonus + Pension Scheme (LGPS) + Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan + Additional Harris Benefits
Graduate Teaching Assistant job summary
Inspire and transform learning with us. We are looking for a Graduate Teaching Assistant to support individuals and groups of students to enable access to learning, contributing to the development and maintenance of a purposeful, nurturing learning environment at Harris Girls' Academy Bromley.
Main Areas of Responsibility
The purpose of your role will be:
- To supervise and provide particular support for identified students, in 1:1, group or whole class situations, ensuring their safety and access to learning.
- To assist in the development of appropriate resources, schemes of work and teaching strategies, working with the teacher to ensure the provision supports each identified student's learning needs.
- To assist in evaluating identified students' progress through agreed assessment activities.
- To provide detailed and regular feedback to teachers on students' achievement, progress and needs.
- To lead small group sessions and interventions as appropriate.
- To attend to the students' personal needs where required.
- To support with behaviour management, using appropriate strategies in line with academy policy.
- To contribute to creating a purposeful and supportive learning environment.
- Undertake structured and agreed learning activities/teaching programmes as appropriate, adjusting activities to ensure achievement of learning goals.
Qualifications & Experience
Qualifications, Knowledge & Training
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Some knowledge of strategies in working with young people with challenging behaviours
- Knowledge of some of the social issues facing students from disadvantaged backgrounds
- Awareness of Health and Safety issues in the workplace.
- Experience of working directly with young people in an education or training environment, supporting the learning of students.
- Experience of establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with a range of stakeholders, at all levels.
- Experience of managing and being responsible for own workload.
Personal Skills, Abilities & Qualities
- Good literacy and numeracy skills,
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, with an excellent standard of written and spoken English.
- Good administrative and organisational skills.
- Ability to interest, encourage, motivate and engage children
- Ability to work as part of a team; working effectively with people across a wide range of levels and responsibilities.
- Computer literate – must have good ICT skills including a working knowledge of MS packages e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel etc, as well as using and updating records and databases.
- Ability to work using own initiative, exercising good judgement where unsupervised.
- Flexibility of approach to work.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality; having tact and diplomacy where necessary.
Rewards & Benefits
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.Before applying, please review our Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
The Harris Federation is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and students, and all our staff are equally valued and respected. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff.
Commitment to safeguarding
About Harris Girls Academy Bromley
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1027 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Harris Girls Academy Bromley website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 020 8778 5917
Harris Girls’ Academy Bromley is a thriving, diverse and academically successful school for girls in New Beckenham. Our GCSE results are amongst the best in the country with progress being amongst the most successful schools nationally. We passionately believe in educating young women for the future and with specialisms in Science and Enterprise we are working hard to create opportunities for girls to be successful in English and maths as well as more traditional subjects like Classics and Latin.
Along with other single sex schools in Beckenham, we welcome boys and girls to join us in the Sixth Form and we are very proud of the contribution that they both make to the school. We are also founding members of the highly successful Harris Federation Sixth Form.
Combining the traditional values of courtesy, consideration, cooperation and smart uniform with the best of modern teaching methods and technology;
Providing strong and personalised pastoral care through a faculty structure that creates a strong sense of belonging and harmony with a dedicated team who support the transition from Primary school into Secondary school;
Involving girls in leadership and partnership across the Academy so that they can become confident and entrepreneurial young women and recognise that anything is possible if they endeavour to achieve;
Aiming to make learning challenging, engaging and relevant so that the girls become independent, happy and active in their learning;
Working in partnership with parents and involves them fully in their child’s education and in the wider life of the Academy.
We believe that every girl can and should achieve their full potential and our commitment is one of ensuring the girls develop a love of learning, a passion for enquiry and enterprise and a dedication to being the best that they can be. Our motto is: All Can: We Will.
Similar jobs nearby
Lady Margaret School
Parson's Green, London, SW6 4UN
Southwark local authority
The Bishop David Brown School
Albert Drive, Woking, Surrey, GU21 5RF
Hall Mead School
Marlborough Gardens, Upminster, Essex, RM14 1SF
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Kent and Medway