10 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
31 March 2023 at 11:59pm
6 March 2023
- Key stage 2, Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Part timejobs - Handwork involves teaching and learning of needlework skills, knitting, crochet, weaving, garment construction, delivered to children aged of 7-14 years on a weekly basis, a fundamental component of the rounded learning experience delivered at our school. You will be responsible for teaching the full range of the SAH Handwork curriculum.
Full-time equivalent salary
- 15232.12 to 20309.49
What skills and experience we're looking for
Are you self-motivated person with a graduate level education in a related subject who enjoys developing new projects, materials and resources to aid in the teaching of and stimulate the learning of your subject? If you have the professionalism, passion and experience to support us in our aim; the ability to balance holistic child development and the desire to work in a nourishing and beautiful environment, we’d love to hear from you.
The successful candidate will:
- teach the Steiner-Waldorf Handwork curriculum as outlined by the SWSF adjusted to be appropriate to SAH
- nurture the healthy development of the children’s physical, social and cognitive skills in a way which is appropriate to their age, in keeping with the Steiner-Waldorf view of the developing child.
- be prepared to undertake professional development where such knowledge and experience is missing.
- co-operate with other staff to ensure a sharing and effective usage of resources to the benefit of the school, department and students.
- be able to deliver educational activities in a manner which is stimulating, engaging, enjoyable and enthusiastic.
- demonstrate a high level of personal resilience
What the school offers its staff
- a competitive salary;
- a unique working environment in a beautiful, rural school site in the quiet village of Much Dewchurch;
- a role in a hardworking, happy and dedicated school team;
- support for your professional development;
- membership to our private healthcare scheme.
Further details about the role
Application forms and further details on this vacancy are available from Helen Gough at the Steiner Academy Hereford to whom completed forms should be returned. CVs will not be accepted.
If you require further information please contact Juliet Blamey (current Handwork teacher at SAH)
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
About The Steiner Academy Hereford
- School type
- Academy, ages 3 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Through schooljobs
- School size
- 333 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- The Steiner Academy Hereford website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01981 540221
Welcome to the Steiner Academy Hereford – the UK’s first Academy offering Steiner education. We offer an education that enables children to experience childhood fully while enabling them to become responsible, free individuals who can think clearly and considerately, observe perceptively and act constructively for the good of the world. We provide a co-educational school for children from early childhood right through to school leaving age (3 to 16). The Steiner Waldorf approach is based on the simple but profound insight that children learn in different ways at different stages of their development. Pupils learn traditional subjects through distinctive and time-tested teaching methods that serve the children’s intellectual, physical, emotional and spiritual development in ways that are suited to their age.
Similar jobs nearby
The Milestone School
Longford Lane, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, GL2 9EU
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Herefordshire, County Of