- £32,157 - £50,935 (M1 - UPS3 Inner London)
Head of Art job summary
All Saints Catholic College is an over-subscribed, mixed secondary school in the heart of North Kensington. We pride ourselves on the strong reputation for outstanding teaching and exceptional results.
The diversity within our school is a key strength and allows students to acknowledge each other’s differences whilst at the same time celebrating them. The greatest ambassadors of our school are our students who demonstrate and model excellent behaviour as well as attitudes to learning.
We are a small school but with this comes a great strength. We are able to offer smaller teaching groups as well as ensuring that we get to know learning needs intricately. We aim to ensure that we offer a safe but joyous learning environment to all of our students so that that they can find the confidence to flourish during their time at All Saints.
We are looking to recruit an outstanding Head of Art who will continue to lead the Art Department to achieve its outstanding potential.
We are looking to recruit a Head of Art who:
• Is an outstanding classroom practitioner;
• Will support the Vision and Values of the school;
• Is well organised, committed to high standards and wants to make a real impact on teaching and learning;
• Is highly skilled in raising standards of teaching and learning and have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of students;
• Is committed to raising standards of achievement for all students;
• Is forward thinking and innovative;
• Has the energy, drive and ambition to inspire staff and students to develop their potential;
• Will ensure the smooth operation and day-to-day running of the department;
• Will lead on implementing and monitoring Teaching and Learning strategies in the department;
• Will monitor and evaluate the progress in the department;
• Will lead on raising the profile of Art in the school;
• Will ensure that assessment systems effectively monitor pupil progress and reliably inform reports and curriculum planning;
• Will assist with planning, developing and introducing curriculum changes as and when necessary.
We can offer you:
• Students who are inspired by the Catholic spirit inherent in everything that they do with a good attitude to learning and who benefit from a broad curriculum with a wide range of enrichment activities;
• A small, happy, multicultural community whose aim is to ensure that all our students experience high quality teaching in all subjects;
• Students who make good progress;
• Students who feel happy, safe and supported in our care and are valued as individuals;
• The opportunity to work with a young, enthusiastic and hard-working staff;
• A commitment to support your CPD and career development in a high-performing borough
• A school on a spacious site with huge potential for development close to vibrant Portobello Road;
• Good transport links.
This is an important appointment for the school community and you will be expected to work with and support the Headteacher and other staff in leading the school forward in its next stage of developments to secure sustained and continuous improvement.
All Saints Catholic College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be undertaken.
Applying for the job
Please go onto our website and complete the forms on our vacancies page.More on how to apply (opens in a new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.