Head of Art
3 days remaining to apply
Start date details
As soon as possible
30 March 2023 at 9am
16 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Art and designjobs
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5
Full-time equivalent salary
- MPS/UPS (£28,000 - £43,685) plus £4,988 per annum (TLR2.2) + Health Cash Plan and Benefits package
What skills and experience we're looking for
Applications are invited from high quality candidates to join the ambitious and committed Art Department at Merchants’ Academy Secondary.
We are seeking an inspirational teacher and leader who is committed to raising the attainment and aspirations of our students.
Candidates for this post should be:
- passionate about teaching Art and excited by the prospect of developing an ambitious curriculum.
- committed to ongoing professional learning and have the ability to support and develop others.
- inspiring and able to motivate and challenge students to make rapid progress.
- able to establish strong relationships and have excellent interpersonal skills.
- bold, optimistic, and tenacious in setting and achieving high standards.
What the school offers its staff
In return we can offer you:
- A genuine opportunity to make a difference where it is needed.
- Administrative support and well-resourced classrooms
- A fantastic community of children, parents and carers who deserve the best.
- Every opportunity to further your professional development and career with an excellent benefit package including: Wellbeing Health Cash Plan, Retail Discounts, ICT Loans, Professional Introduction Incentive plus others.
If you are hardworking, reflective, resilient, and looking to further develop your talents and skills at Merchants’ Academy then we would love to receive an application from you.
We particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to email@example.comDownload an application form - 160 KB
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Merchants' Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 3 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Through schooljobs
- School size
- 1268 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Merchants' Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Merchants’ Academy has a distinctive and positive ethos which guides our work and the education of our students. Preparation for adult life underpins our Academy aims and the well-developed culture which is established across all aspects and functions of the Academy. We are committed to the success of each of our students whatever stage they are at in their education and this is reflected through the Academy's values and commitment to: • provide high quality education and a thirst for life-long learning • enable everyone to enjoy success and achievement • promote confidence and a strong sense of personal worth • have high expectations which will be reflected in the targets set for staff and students alike • harness the energies of children, students, staff and parents to establish a genuine partnership with the Academy for the benefit of all • establish a business-like ethos by beliefs in values and attitudes such as hard work, honesty, integrity, respect and concern for others • provide quality opportunities for the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of our children and young people • ensure that the effectiveness of all Academy staff is maintained and developed through considerable investment in high quality, continuous professional learning This is demonstrated through constant reference to our BRISTOL Values of: Boldness: Aim high, show courage and hope to push against any barriers Respect: Be considerate and respect the rights of others Integrity: If it’s not right, do not do it. If it’s not true, don’t say it Service: We have a responsibility to the future and each other Tenacity: Tough times don’t last, strong people do Optimism: No pessimist discovered the secret of the starts or uncharted land Learning: A commitment to lifelong development unlocks your full potential
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Bristol