1401 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About The Chalk Hills Academy
Head of Art - Maternity Cover
The Chalk Hills Academy have a great opportunity for a Head of Art to join our lovely department. The main purpose of the post is to develop, plan and deliver effective and high-quality learning experiences to all students, improving upon GCSE outcomes. In joining the dynamic and innovative Art department at The Chalk Hills Academy, where colleagues are collaborative, imaginative and thrive in a team environment, you will help further advance curriculum changes and share excellent practice.
The successful candidate will be an experienced / aspirational professional, who is enthusiastic, influential and committed to working in pursuit of success for the academy and its learners. If you are highly motivated, respond well to a challenge and have excellent communication skills, this could be the job for you!
The Chalk Hills Academy are proud of the unrivalled education experience offered and you will certainly benefit from forward-thinking and supportive leadership, an encouraging and enthusiastic staff body and enterprising students. Our academy has state of the art facilities, fit for all your teaching needs. Our facilities include a new gym with new equipment from April 2019 which staff are welcome to use after school hours and a new Sixth Form block opened in September 2019. At The Chalk Hills Academy, we offer a school that will genuinely invest, support and develop you to become an outstanding practitioner and enable you to keep climbing the career ladder. If you are ambitious about excelling in your career and taking on additional responsibilities, we will give you the opportunities that you crave.
It is incredibly important to us here at The Chalk Hills Academy that all our staff are valued, listened to, mentored, challenged and given adequate opportunities to develop. As a Teaching Trust, we offer exceptional teacher training and high-quality professional development programmes catered to your needs. Consequently, we have many success stories of staff that have joined us and been given excellent CPD and training that has allowed them to climb the career ladder.
To play an active role in curriculum planning and delivery
Be accountable for the learning and achievement of all students
The successful candidate will
Experienced in Teaching GCSE A-Levels and KS5 vocational qualifications desirable
An experienced 2ic or Head of Art with successful middle leadership experience
· Create regular opportunities for teachers to share, reflect and improve on classroom practice
· Lead Department meetings, ensuring a focus on improving student outcomes
· Oversee the development of a progressive and challenging curriculum
· Ensuring assessment and feedback strategies are of the highest standards and have a direct impact on improving the quality of teaching and learning
· Play a major role in ensuring the development of teaching and learning policies and practices across the school as a member of the team of Curriculum Leaders.
· Experience of managing community art projects desirable
· Support teachers in the timely and effective reporting of information to parents
· Develop Art to be an example of excellence to others within and beyond the school
· Ensuring all staff follow the expectations of the school and maintain the highest professional standards at all times
Start date June 2021
Salary MPS/UPS £25,714 - £41,604 and TLR 2b £4,789 (dependent on experience)
Job Role Full time, 12 months Fixed-Term
How to Apply
Closing Date 12pm Friday 23rd April 2021
Interviews From 26th April 2021
The Trust reserves the right to interview and appoint a suitable candidate before the deadline date.
Why work for Chalk Hills Academy?
· £30 million state of the art building with well-equipped classrooms in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school
· You’ll be working alongside a collaborative, forward thinking Principal and Senior Leadership Team who are here to support and develop you
· Unparalleled CPD opportunities with free courses every Thursday catered to your developmental needs
· Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
· Freshly brewed coffee for staff on arrival to the academy every morning
· Employee of the month scheme winning shopping vouchers
· Fantastic staff benefits that make a difference to your work life balance including access to a confidential professional staff counsellor
Here’s what Ofsted have to say “Together with your leadership team, governors and the trust you have established high expectations for behaviour, teaching and achievement. Leaders have made sure that strategies are in place which have led to improvements in the quality of teaching, learning, assessment and the curriculum. Leaders have high expectations for pupils’ behaviour. Leaders work well with staff to ensure that the school is typically a calm, orderly and purposeful environment.” Ofsted May 2018
Arranging a visit to The Chalk Hills Academy
school visits are welcome, please contact Jay Powell 01582 211 226.