Head of Biology
As Head of Department (TLR2b £4,781 per annum) you will be responsible for:
•Progress and attainment of individual students within the subject area, which involves seeking ways to raise standards of student attainment and achievement within the subject area and to monitor and support student progress.
•Develop and enhance the teaching practice of others.
•The production and deployment of resources.
•Schemes of Work and communication of course and assessment criteria to staff
•Monitoring student assessment and liaison with the Head of Faculty
Applicants will need to evidence their experience, skills and attributes to fulfil this role efficiently and effectively, as well as demonstrate the ability to accept new ideas and a thorough commitment to student learning, with evidence of high level of their subject specialism and professional development. A proven ability to be flexible and adaptable, as well as display a positive attitude to meet the needs of the curriculum, as well as their faculty and school wide initiatives. We want staff with the vision and determination to ensure all our students receive a first class education and who will rise to the challenge of building on success.
Essential educational requirements
A degree or equivalent in specialist subject
Qualified Teacher Status or equivalent
Essential skills and experience
Experience within the UK education sector
• In return the successful candidate can expect:
• Work life balance with a continental school day of 07:55 to 14:10
• Comprehensive tailored induction programmes
• Mentor / Buddy System
• Outstanding Teacher Programmes
• An extensive support programme, including a system of twilights
• Commitment to continuing professional development, including MA / MSc and other courses
• Excellent career development opportunities
• Various staff benefits including access to the gymnasium and swimming pool
About The King Edmund School
We summarise our aims as a school by the phrase ‘In Pursuit of Excellence'. We want every student to strive to achieve the very best that they can in every aspect of school life – from their studies to participation in school shows, sporting activities and so on. The wellbeing of our students is something we also take seriously, since we want students to be happy, well-adjusted and resilient during their time at KES and beyond. A happy, secure student is far more likely to be successful throughout life. The opportunities on offer at KES allow students to develop in this way and to develop the skills and attributes they need to face the future with confidence.
- Vaughan Close, Rochford, Essex, SS4 1TL
- The King Edmund School website (opens in a new window)