Main pay scale/UPS
We seek to appoint an outstanding leader and classroom practitioner who has high aspirations and the enthusiasm, energy and commitment to lead our Biology department as we move to the next stage in our development and achieve even greater success. We strive to develop the very best practice in teaching and learning and create inspirational learning experiences for all of our students. The successful candidate would, likewise, be committed to the development of themselves and others within the Biology department. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with the passion and enthusiasm to lead the development of our innovative and exciting Biology curriculum, striving for outstanding progress at every level. Biology is an extremely popular choice at A Level and the department has a successful track record of students progressing to Russell Group universities.
Applications are invited from inspirational Biology teachers who can demonstrate:
• They are an enthusiastic and committed teacher and leader with vision, drive and commitment
• A passion for developing student engagement and educational progress
• An innovative approach to teaching and learning and model excellence in the classroom
• Proficiency in planning, assessment and target setting so that all children make good or better progress
• An ability to inspire and support all students to achieve their full potential
• Be someone with outstanding subject knowledge to lead and develop the biology curriculum at KS5 and work collaboratively with other TLR post holders to develop the wider science curriculum at KS3 and 4.
• An ability to raise attainment at KS3, 4 and 5, having a measurable impact at both an individual and departmental level
• That you can lead the monitoring and evaluation of quality teaching and standards.
• An ability to develop innovation in teaching and learning, motivating and inspiring both colleagues and students through outstanding teaching.
• Able to motivate and inspire staff and students to achieve their full potential
• Hold a relevant teaching qualification and QTS
Applying for the job
For further information about the role and to download an application form, please visit www.egglescliffe.org.uk and send your completed application with a 1500 word covering letter to:
More on how to apply
Mrs L. Oyston, Head of School, Egglescliffe School, Urlay Nook Road, Egglescliffe, Stockton-on- Tees. TS16 0LA or email to: email@example.com
1497 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About Egglescliffe School
This is an exciting time to join Egglescliffe School and Sixth Form College as it works collaboratively alongside the primary schools in Vision Learning Academy Trust, striving to provide a world class education through seamless transition from Primary to Secondary and post-16 education. The schools in our MAT work collaboratively and are committed and determined to provide an exceptional educational experience for all our learners.
Providing a world class education for all of our learners requires exceptional teaching staff. We invest in our staff with a comprehensive CPD programme ensuring that all of our teaching staff, at all career stages, have the opportunity to grow and develop. We provide a supportive working environment in which our staff flourish so they can deliver excellence. At Vision Learning Academy Trust we want to appoint teachers who are enthusiastic about their subject, and are as committed as we are, to every child achieving the very best they can.
What Egglescliffe School can offer you:
An inclusive, successful and outstanding school and sixth form
Friendly, well-motivated and enthusiastic students
Professional and rewarding opportunities
Work with a collaborative team that is passionate about the progress and development of every student
A welcoming, warm and supportive staff team
Excellent CPD opportunities at all levels
Arranging a visit to Egglescliffe School
We would welcome and prospective candidates to visit the school and meet the relevant staff prior to submitting an application (COVID regulations permitting). Please contact