We are looking to appoint an ambitious and experienced teacher of Economics and Business to lead this Department in our already over-subscribed school that opened in September 2019.
In preparation for the opening of our Sixth Form in September 2024, we are seeking applications from candidates with experience of teaching a range of qualifications (including A Level Economics, GCSE Business and BTec Business), ideally combined with previous exposure to leading, managing and developing a team.
Key accountabilities associated with this role include:
- ensuring high standards of achievement in the subjects of Business and Economics
- leading teaching and learning within the curriculum so that students make appropriate progress for their key stage
- leading curriculum development and acting as a source of advice, guidance and authority on the subjects of Business and Economics within the school.
- managing informal and formal assessment, implementing school assessment policies and leading the use of assessment information to enable teachers in your subject areas to set appropriate progress targets and review and evaluate student progress.
- teaching across the age and ability range, focusing on the provision of a learning environment that enables all students to make outstanding progress regardless of their ability or starting point
- sharing the responsibility of all staff to ensure that our students are challenged, encouraged, nurtured and developed as well-rounded young people
Further details regarding the skills, knowledge, experience and personal attributes we are looking for can be found in the attached Job Description and Person Specification.
However, we are particularly keen to hear from those who:
- have a proven track record of enhancing the quality of teaching and learning through imparting detailed subject knowledge via the delivery of innovative and inspirational lessons.
- can teach across the full range of ages and abilities
- can work collaboratively with colleagues, taking a leading role in developing and the implementation of schemes of work to support student progress
- are familiar with, and take into account, students’ prior levels of attainment, using them to plan lessons and set challenging, but achievable targets for future improvements
- set high expectations for students’ behaviour by establishing a purposeful working atmosphere that is conducive to learning
- can analyse data on student progress, achievement and attainment in line with school policy and practice
- make the education of students their first concern and thrive on being accountable for achieving the highest possible standards of work and conduct
- can effectively communicate both orally and in writing with students, staff, parents/carers and trustees
- are keen to play an active role in the wider school community, supporting our ethos and values
In return, you will have access to our staff benefits package including:
- An annual Flex Day to be taken on a day of your choice (with an additional day granted for every 4 years of service)
- Free parking on site
- Free use of the school gym
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free 24/7 access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to our in-house team of Mental Health First Aiders
- Buddy system for new staff
- access to mentoring and CPD opportunities
- Regular staff socials
- Discounts with local businesses
- An opportunity to work with friendly and welcoming colleagues in a modern, aesthetically pleasing and forward-thinking environment.
The ethos of our school focuses on enabling every student and staff member to make outstanding progress. As such, you will be supported in your role, giving you the opportunity to enhance your skills and accelerate your career.
If you share our belief that young people have the right to a transformational educational experience that will enable them to fulfil their potential and realise their ambitions, then we look forward to hearing from you.
At KWS, we understand the value of having a workforce that reflects and represents our multi-ethnic student body from an equality, diversity and inclusivity perspective. We therefore welcome and embrace applications from all backgrounds.
We are also committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and visitors to share this commitment. This post will require a Full Enhanced, with List Checks, Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS).
As part of our selection and appointment process, and in accordance with Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance, we are required to conduct online searches on all candidates in order to identify any incidents or concerns which are publicly available online. By submitting and signing your application, you acknowledge that such searches will be conducted as part of the selection and appointment process.
Applications will be shortlisted throughout the process, and we may interview and close the advert early if we are in a position to recruit a suitable candidate. We therefore encourage interested candidates to apply early.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Visas cannot be sponsored.