Business studies, Economics
MPS/UPR + TLR2c
• To lead the development of the Department in line with the strategic development of the school.
• To support and promote school improvement, as expressed in the school aims, policies and improvement plans.
• To be involved in the target setting process for the Department and the contribution it makes to the achievement of whole school targets.
• To represent the Department at Curriculum Committee and other meetings, as appropriate.
• To lead the day-to-day management of the subject, ensuring the effective deployment of staff and resources.
• To lead subject meetings, ensuring that the agenda is dominated by teaching and learning issues.
• To maintain an up-to-date Department Handbook and schemes of work that reflect all appropriate DfE, LA, school and examining body requirements and policies.
• To ensure that the administration and management of the subject is efficient and effective, with all subject staff being fully aware of all appropriate procedures and other administrative matters.
• To develop and promote extra-curricular opportunities for students.
Applying for the job
Please download an application form from our school website and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Local authority maintained school
912 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About Oak Wood School
Head of Business and Economics MPS/UPR + TLR2c (Currently £7,017) with outer London allowance
Required for Autumn term 2021 start
We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified enthusiastic teacher lead our department. Applications welcome from experienced teachers able teach throughout the ability range at KS4 KS5. Excellent support is available in every team.
Oak Wood School truly inclusive mixed, multi-ethnic 11-18 school that embraces all aspects comprehensive education. The curriculum well balanced reflects needs students local community in we cater academic vocational subjects.
Situated on large site close Heathrow Airport centre Hillingdon, has much offer:
• commitment professional development its staff become outstanding leaders
childcare cycle vouchers
excellent transport links (by train 45 minutes central London), bus routes 427, 278 & U2, (Chiltern Railways, Great Western Railway Underground (Metropolitan Piccadilly)
on-site parking including electric charging facilities catering facilities.