Who we are looking for
We would love to hear from you if you:
- Are an inspirational and skilled classroom teacher of Business and/or
- Have a vision for excellence across the suite of Business and Economics
- Are highly resilient and tenacious with a clear understanding of, and
ability to use, a range of approaches including pace-setting and challenge as
tools to bring about transformational change
- Are ambitious for whole school leadership and thrives in an aspirational
- Will embrace our highly supportive, professional approach to school
Who we are looking for
About the Post
We are looking to appoint an inspirational and energetic Head of Business
and Economics to join and lead our highly successful department and subject
across both Twynham School and The Grange School (TGS). This is a rare and
exciting opportunity to lead an already high-performing faculty area and to
further develop an exciting and ambitious curriculum that provides exceptional
opportunities for our students. This position has arisen due to the promotion
of the current postholder to senior leadership.
and Economics team is truly thriving with large numbers at both GCSE and
A-level. Colleagues in the department have embraced cross-campus working and
the successful candidate would receive the support of a talented team of Business
and Economics teachers and a highly supportive senior leadership team.
This is a
truly exceptional opportunity for a talented and aspirational colleague.
We are looking for an outstanding individual who
will relish the opportunity to:
- Lead and inspire excellence in Business and Economics across two schools
serving one community
- Further improve outcomes at both KS4 and 5 in both Business and
- Provide inspirational and dynamic leadership to an exceptional team of
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young people in
accordance with our Safeguarding and Child Protection policies.
What we can offer you
- The chance to be a part of an exciting educational journey alongside
highly regarding professional
- The opportunity to work with exceptional colleagues and wonderful young
people and their families
- An exceptional CPD offer from ECT through to preparation for senior and
- Strong and supportive leadership, who place value on learning beyond the
- The opportunity to work within Twynham Learning; a progressive
- The opportunity to work in one of the most beautiful areas of the South
discuss the post or your application, please contact Alison Brown (HR
administrator) on 01202 486237 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
apply for this vacancy, please submit a Job
Application Form and Diversity
Questionnaire by email to: email@example.com
applications made using our own official application form will be accepted. You
can download the form and questionnaire here:
closing date is Friday 23rd February 2024 at 8am. We reserve
the right to interview exceptional applicants prior to the deadline and
encourage interested colleagues to apply asap.
We value diversity and inclusiveness. We want our workforce to be representative of all sections of our community, so we give equal opportunities. We don't discriminate on age, disability, gender reassignment, marital status, pregnancy/maternity, race/colour/nationality, religion/belief, sex or sexual orientation. We'll only consider people who can evidence their right to work in the UK. We're committed to robust Safer Recruitment processes to safeguard children. We undertake enhanced criminal records checks before appointment. Candidates must disclose all unprotected spent and unspent cautions and convictions. It is an offence to apply if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity with children.
This job post has expired.