Business studies, Economics
Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £26,948 to £42,780
We are looking for a committed and enthusiastic teacher to lead this very successful department
• Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
• To be a passionate practitioner of Business and Economics.
• The ability to engage and inspire our students
• Commitment to developing the highest standards of Learning and Teaching
• Innovative and dynamic leadership
• The ability to teach A level Business Studies and Economics
• A track record of securing outstanding student progress
MPS/UPR + London Fringe
TLR2b (£4,785 pa)
Permanent, Full Time
• Enthusiastic, motivated and intelligent students
• An outstanding culture & ethos where students & staff enjoy & achieve
• A socially and culturally diverse school community
• Exceptionally well-resourced department
• An enthusiastic and friendly department
• National finalists in the Young Enterprise award 2020.
• Gold IIP Award & IIP Champion reflects personalised and nationally recognised CPD
Applying for the job
Closing date for applications: 3pm on Friday 5th March 2021
More on how to apply
Please download an application form from our website or telephone the school for more information: 01628 604812. Applications should be sent to Mrs A Pankhania by email or post. Please note we do not accept CVs.
Post to: Burnham Grammar School,
Hogfair Lane, Burnham, Bucks. SL1 7HG
1119 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About Burnham Grammar School
We are a caring school where exceptional relationships are fostered and every student is valued as an individual. We get to know our students to enable us to personalise the support they need to fulfil their potential. Our friendly but purposeful environment produces both excellent examination results and well-rounded individuals.
We have high expectations of our students and involve them in decisions about all key developments in the school. The maturity of our students is reflected in the school aims which they designed:
Caring Individuals – all members of our community work hard to support each other, to respect each other and most importantly themselves, whilst celebrating the diversity of our community.
Responsible Learners – students are supported to take responsibility for their own learning, understand the key importance of effort and making mistakes and develop the skills required to become responsible independent learners to fulfil their potential.
Active Citizens – students are involved in the decision making processes of the school and are given opportunities for leadership in all key stages. They understand how, and do, make their voices heard in the school, local, national and global communities and support those less fortunate through an exceptional programme of fund raising events for the adopted school charities
Prepared for their Future – students identify their passions and are assisted in reviewing the opportunities in those fields, whilst developing those wider skills that are essential to achieve in the outside world, but not always required in the exam hall.
Healthy and Safe – all students participate in the extraordinary range of extracurricular activities on offer and are equipped with the knowledge and assertiveness to make positive informed lifestyle choices.
Burnham Grammar School is an idyllic learning community where the relationships and teamwork between staff and students are exceptional and provide the support and reassurance for our students to strive to be their very best.
Quite simply our students; discover their passions and fulfil their academic, artistic, sporting and personal potential in order to choose their own futures!