L14 - L18+
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and dedicated Head of Centre to join the SLT at Wey Valley College.
If you have the following, we would love to hear from you:
● Appropriate qualifications
● Ability to lead and manage staff, including performance management
● Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
● Ability to work as part of a wider team
We can offer you:
● A friendly and well-motivated staff team who work collaboratively
● A generous salary package and a range of benefits
● Fabulous but challenging pupils!
● Opportunities to work and train across the Trust
Please refer to the attached Job description for further details.
Applying for the job
An application form must be fully completed (CV's will not be accepted) and we would ask you to apply via the eteach website - job reference 1139003 or follow the
More on how to apply
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Local authority maintained school
17 pupils enrolled
5 to 16
About Wey Valley College
Wey Valley College (WVC) is a 5 – 16 Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) based in Guildford, Surrey.
WVC specialises in providing for students who have been permanently excluded from mainstream school or who have met the threshold for a permanent exclusion.
We work closely with our Mainstream School partners to support early intervention so as to avoid students being permanently excluded and to therefore to try and avoid the stigma of this when they leave school.
Many of our students have social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH), although there are students who may also have more complex needs. Our staff ratio is high at all Key Stages to ensure that students receive excellent academic and pastoral support. WVC is currently part of a Federation of schools which are in the process of converting to MAT under the Inclusive Education Trust (IET)
Background to Inclusive Education Trust (IET)
IET is yet to become a Multi Academy Trust and is still currently a Federation of Pupil Referral Units based in Surrey. The three schools making up the Federation have academy orders to convert to a MAT and aim to complete the process by May 2021.
The three schools in the Federation all currently have an Outstanding judgement form Ofsted and pride themselves in always being child centered with all strategic decisions only made if it will in some way benefit the young people of Surrey.
● Reigate Valley College (RVC) is a 5-16 school that has permanently excluded students as well as providing interventions and outreach and serves the SE of Surrey
● Wey Valley College (WVC) is a 5-16 school that has permanently excluded students as well as providing interventions and outreach and serves the SW of Surrey
● The Fordway Centre is a 5-11 primary school that has permanently excluded students as well as providing interventions and outreach and serves the NW and NE of Surrey
The post is not dependent on the conversion to a Multi Academy Trust.