Head of Chemistry
This job expired on 4 June 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
4 June 2023 at 11:59pm
18 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Chemistryjobs
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 hrs per week
Full-time equivalent salary
- £28,817 - £44,302
Plus TLR2B £5,070
What skills and experience we're looking for
Holcombe Grammar School are seeking a Head of Chemistry to lead on this subject specialism, supporting the team in implementing an effective Chemistry curriculum from Year 7 -13, ensuring high quality, engaging and fulfilling education for our students. The successful candidate will share and support the Academy’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth, and be will be accountable for further delegated responsibilities either within science or at a whole school level.
They will be an outstanding classroom practitioner with high expectations for achievement and behaviour, who is able to plan and deliver a creative and stimulating curriculum and have a thorough knowledge of curriculum development. They will be an aspiring leader of learning who is constantly willing to grasp exciting CPD opportunities and is willing to contribute to the values, ethos and the development of our schools.
Applications are invited from experienced Heads of Chemistry, or experienced teachers looking to progress their career.
What the school offers its staff
What our Trust will offer you:
- TSAT pay scales above national pay scales.
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits.
- Excellent CPD opportunities including our Early career, Middle and Senior Leadership programmes.
- As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation you can become a recognised Chartered Teacher.
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice.
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy and Rochester Grammar School.
- Focus on staff wellbeing, including 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme, free flu vaccination and eye care vouchers.
- Free parking in our secure staff car park.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- TSTARS Staff Recognition Programme, including seasonal rewards for all staff.
- Refer a Friend Scheme.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Holcombe Grammar School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1057 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Holcombe Grammar School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Our most recent Ofsted Inspection noted “Holcombe Grammar School delivers an inspiring curriculum…appropriately adapted to the needs, abilities and interests of all pupils. A range of extra-curricular activities further promotes personal development and welfare” Holcombe Grammar School, part of The Thinking Schools Academy Trust, is an ambitious and supportive inclusive learning community, where life chances are transformed. We are a selective 11-18 boys’ school with a large and expanding mixed Sixth Form. At Holcombe Grammar School our aim is that students develop into successful, well rounded, confident young people who are equipped with the academic and life skills necessary to thrive in the modern world. Whatever an individual’s background, we strive to ensure that our highly capable students are given the academic and intellectual tools to help them structure their thinking and learning effectively
Arranging a visit to Holcombe Grammar School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email Donna.Read@holcombegrammar.tsat.uk.
Similar jobs nearby
Holcombe Grammar School
Holcombe, Chatham, Kent, ME4 6JB
Lower High Street, Wadhurst, East Sussex, TN5 6AZ
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Chatham and Kent and Medway