We have a unique opportunity for an ambitious and experienced Teacher of Chemistry with a ‘can do’ attitude who is looking to secure a leadership role within the Science department of our already over-subscribed school that opened in September 2019.
Candidates should have previous experience of teaching to GCSE, with a proven track record of raising the quality of teaching and learning, whilst demonstrating excellent subject knowledge coupled with an ability to deliver inspirational lessons.
Experience of teaching to A Level would be an advantage given that the school's Sixth Form opens in September 2024.
We are particularly keen to hear from applicants who:
- exude infectious enthusiasm and have a genuine passion for their subject
- are eager to embrace the challenge of taking on leadership responsibility
- are collaborative team players
- are comfortable with the prospect of assuming departmental responsibility for Chemistry as we prepare our first GCSE cohort for next summer's public examinations
- are excited by the prospect of launching A Level Chemistry to our first cohort of Year 12 students in September
- are keen to embrace innovative approaches towards all aspects of school life
- use research-driven teaching methods to inform their teaching
- are committed to securing the best outcomes for our students
- Can offer enrichment and extra-curricular experiences related to their subject and beyond
- are flexible in their approach to work and can adapt to new challenges
- thrive under pressure with an ability to prioritise multiple responsibilities
- possess analytical and problem-solving abilities
- can demonstrate excellent planning and organising skills
- are detail conscious and resilient
In return, you will have access to our staff benefits package including:
- An annual Flex Day to be taken on a day of your choice (with an additional day granted for every 4 years of service)
- Free parking on site
- Free use of the school gym
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free 24/7 access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to our in-house team of Mental Health First Aiders
- Buddy system for new staff
- access to mentoring and CPD opportunities
- Regular staff socials
- Discounts with local businesses
- An opportunity to work with friendly and welcoming colleagues in a modern, aesthetically pleasing and forward-thinking environment.
The ethos of our school focuses on enabling every student and staff member to make outstanding progress. You will be supported in your role by our Head of Science, giving you the opportunity to enhance your skills and accelerate your career.
If you share our belief that young people have the right to a transformational educational experience that will enable them to fulfil their potential and realise their ambitions, then we look forward to hearing from you.
At KWS, we understand the value of having a workforce that reflects and represents our multi-ethnic student body from an equality, diversity and inclusivity perspective. We therefore welcome and embrace applications from all backgrounds.
We are also committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and visitors to share this commitment. This post will require a Full Enhanced, with List Checks, Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS).
As part of our selection and appointment process, and in accordance with Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance, we are required to conduct online searches on all candidates in order to identify any incidents or concerns which are publicly available online. By submitting and signing your application, you acknowledge that such searches will be conducted as part of the selection and appointment process.
Applications will be shortlisted throughout the process, and we may interview and close the advert early if we are in a position to recruit a suitable candidate. We therefore encourage interested candidates to apply early.
This job post has expired.