MPR / UPR plus TLR 2d (currently £7,017pa)
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Robert May’s School for a full time Head of Computer Science and ICT for September 2021.
We are seeking a colleague with the drive and ambition to further develop the Computer Science department and deliver outstanding attainment, progress and outcomes for our students. Computer Science and ICT are popular GCSE options with around a third of each cohort studying one or both courses in years 10 and 11.
You will be leading a highly successful and forward-thinking department in this large and growing secondary school, teaching across the age and attainment range at both Key Stage 3 and 4 in an environment where students are well behaved and keen to do well.
At RMS, we are looking for someone who:
• Is passionate about Computer Science and engaging students in the subject
• Has a clear vision for teaching Computer Science and the skills to fulfil that vision
• Has excellent subject knowledge and strong teaching skills, with a proven track record of success in teaching Computer Science at GCSE
• Is able to build positive relationships with all learners and is committed to raising attainment of all students
• Has the creativity, experience and organisational skills to drive the continued development of the Computer Science team
• Is able to lead the school further in its use and development of IT
• Is willing to commit to extracurricular activities that add value to the school and local community
In return, we can offer:
• Excellent support and fantastic opportunities for continuing professional development
• High priority given to staff and student wellbeing
• A dedicated and hardworking team who place excellent student outcomes at the heart of everything
• Supportive families who value education and great students who want to learn
• A well-resourced curriculum area
• A broad, exciting and personalised curriculum with a focus on collaborative planning
• Consistently excellent student attainment and progress
We have high expectations of all our students and are committed to the personal and professional development of our staff.
TLR 2d (currently £7,017pa)
Applying for the job
Should you wish to apply for this post, please see the school website www.rmays.org/joining-us/vacancies/ for an application form and submit your application to email@example.com
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
1262 pupils enrolled
11 to 16
About Robert May's School
Robert May’s School, which dates from 1694, is a high attaining and oversubscribed 11-16 Academy school with distinctive ethos based on the charitable principles of our founder. We are situated in semi-rural setting Hampshire, near Junction 5 M3 good rail road access.
Arranging a visit to Robert May's School
We would welcome the opportunity for an informal chat or visit. Please contact Lisa Shackleton, HR Officer on 01256 702700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or to arrange a visit.