Head of Computer Science
Deadline is today
Job start date
1 September 2023
22 March 2023 at 9am
8 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Computingjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Full Time, Permanent
- TPS with TLR2B
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are looking for an enthusiastic, committed teacher of Computer Science to lead our Computer Science provision and team of computing specialists. Computer Science is part of our core curriculum offer at Key Stage 3 and is also a popular subject at GCSE and A-Level. Blue Coat has a strong track record for high achievement and growing teachers and leaders. We will provide the opportunity for you to fulfil your ambitions and potential in a dynamic and supportive environment.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is a qualified teacher with relevant experience of teaching Computer Science.
- Has good knowledge and experience of the Computer Science curriculum and will be able to teach the subject across Key Stage 3, 4 and 5.
- Has very good subject knowledge and subject pedagogy.
- Has an understanding, and experience of, the ways in which students’ achievement can be raised.
- Has an understanding of the systems and structures which need to be in place to achieve high standards for all, and the drive and commitment to implement this.
- Has a commitment to developing a high profile for Computer Science across the school and to build interest, curiosity and enthusiasm for the subject with our students.
- Has a commitment to personal, professional development and becoming the best that you can be.
What the school offers its staff
Working for The Blue Coat School means that you would be part of the Cranmer Education Trust, a successful, growing Trust which prides itself on looking after its people, offering a high level of support and access to expertise. This is an excellent time to join the team, as we develop collaborative structures and systems to enhance and support our growing family of schools.
Alongside Blue Coat, the Trust is made up of The Brian Clarke CofE School, St Anne’s Academy in Middletonand two primary schools - East Crompton St George’s and Mayfield Primary. The Trust also incorporates a teacher training school and the East Manchester Teaching Hub; both of which support the training and development of new and existing teachers across the North West of England. For further details please visit https://careers.cranmereducationtrust.com/.
- Opportunities for professional development in a growing Trust
- Teachers career average pension scheme including life insurance and dependent’s pension
- Central Oldham location close to good transport networks
Further details about the role
The Blue Coat School:
- was judged to be outstanding in all areas by OFSTED 2022-23
- has a record of attainment and achievement at GCSE which is consistently significantly above national average
- has a large, thriving and oversubscribed Sixth Form
- has a happy, positive ethos, with clear expectations and boundaries: students enjoy their learning and are eager to do their best
For further information please refer to: · the Cranmer Education Trust’s Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy Trust Policies | Cranmer Education Trust · The Trust’s statement on the employment of ex-offenders, in the vacancy Supporting Documents section. · The job description and person specification for further information regarding the safeguarding responsibilities of the role.
Follow the link Cranmer Education Trust - Careers site to apply for this vacancy. Please note CVs are not accepted.
Closing date for applications: 09:00am on Wednesday, 22nd March 2023
Interviews: Tuesday 28th March 2023
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About The Blue Coat CofE School
- School type
- Academy, Church of England, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1683 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- The Blue Coat CofE School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 0161 624 1484
We are very proud of our school, which attracts students from across Greater Manchester and beyond. It first opened in 1834. Our founder, Thomas Henshaw, was a committed Anglican who left a bequest to fund a school which would provide education for the orphaned boys of the parish. From these humble beginnings, the Blue Coat School has become one of the biggest and most successful schools in the country. The school has a national reputation for high quality teaching and learning, pastoral care, consistently excellent examination results and outstanding progress. Our most recent OFSTED inspection in 2011/2 judged the school to be outstanding in every category. As a result, Blue Coat has been designated a National Teaching School which means that we work with schools nationally and locally to develop the very best educational provision. Blue Coat is grounded in tradition and history, and is evolving and forward looking. Our historic campus has been restored and developed extensively; our students enjoy picnic lunches in front of a Grade II listed building but their learning takes place in superb 21st century classrooms, laboratories and studios. Blue Coat is dedicated to serving young people, to enable them to become everything they can be and everything that they are meant to be. We are a Church of England school that welcomes members of other Christian denominations, and of other faiths. Our Anglican beliefs, values and worship are at the core of our life together in school.
Arranging a visit to The Blue Coat CofE School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Head of Subject/Teacher of Computer Science
Insall Road, Warrington, WA2 0LN
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Oldham and Lancashire, Blackburn and Blackpool