Head of Computing and ICT
This job expired on 26 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
26 March 2023 at 11:59pm
13 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Computingjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Full time, permanent contract
- QTS Pay Scale plus TLR plus inner London Weighting
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are looking for a Head of Department who has:
- A genuine passion for developing curriculum
- The ambition to raise standards
- The willingness to work as part of a motivated and dedicated team.
- The drive and enthusiasm to engage and inspire pupils.
- The dedication to improve the life chances of young people throughout the school
What the school offers its staff
As a member of staff at Woolwich Polytechnic School we can offer you:
- Opportunities for career progression
- Excellent professional development
- A contributory pension scheme
- Opportunities to collaborate with outstanding and dynamic teaching professionals
- Access to various discounts for a small monthly fee
- An employee assistance programme
- Season ticket loans
- Finders fees for personal introductions of staff that we employ
- Excellent catering facilities
- Secure on-site parking
Further details about the role
Are you looking for a school with a vision is “Success for Everyone”? Are you a passionate educator who inspires through example? Do you want to be part of shaping the future of education in a school who will invest in you?
We might have the role for you.
Teaching is the most rewarding job in the
world. We have the opportunity to change
students’ lives for the better and you could make a positive impact at Woolwich
Polytechnic for Boys as Head of Computing and ICT.
For September 2023 we are seeking an enthusiastic, innovative, and well qualified teacher to lead our thriving Computing and ICT department.
As head of department, you will lead a team of 5 caring and committed teachers, including a Lead Practitioner. The ideal candidate would be a Computing and ICT specialist and one with an excellent understanding of pedagogy and curriculum development.
Our school vision is ‘Success for Everyone’ and the Computing and ICT department strives to develop the success of our students through a carefully planned curriculum. Our results consistently exceed national averages. The school has 12 ICT suites to ensure all lessons are effectively delivered.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Woolwich Polytechnic School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 19
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1562 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 19
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Woolwich Polytechnic School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
PolyMAT is a small and ambitious MAT with a unique family feel. Our vision is ‘Success for Everyone’ which places inclusion and well-being at its heart. We currently have two schools in our Trust: Woolwich Polytechnic School for Boys, a long-successful boys’ school, and Woolwich Polytechnic School for Girls that opened in 2019 and will comprise Years 7 – 11 from September 2023. We also have our flourishing Sixth Form provision which is co-educational. Our Trust and our schools pride themselves on a culture of high standards delivered through our Values of Care and Unity. We provide a rewarding environment where students and staff feel valued and supported and everyone feels part of the larger family as our schools and departments work very closely together and are located next to each other. Working for PolyMAT may present the unique opportunity for staff to teach across both schools and for candidates to join our recruitment pool for further openings.
Arranging a visit to Woolwich Polytechnic School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Curriculum Leader: IT and Computing
Lemsford Lane, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, AL8 6YR
The John Roan School
Westcombe Park Road, London, SE3 7QR
Head of Business Studies, Economics, Computing and IT
Harris Academy Rainham
Lambs Lane South, Rainham, Essex, RM13 9XD
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in London