We are looking to appoint a motivated and inspirational Head of Computing & ICT to lead our team of outstanding staff in this popular and highly successful curriculum area. Applications are considered from experienced and aspiring leaders.
This position also has the attraction of additional whole school responsibility, which can be tailored to the skills, and experience of the successful candidate.
In Computing & ICT, we teach at KS5, A Level and GCSE. The structure of the department is one Head of Department, which we are advertising for, one Second in Charge, and one teacher of Computing & ICT. All of them are specialist teachers.
In 2023, the outcomes for Computing & ICT were:
- GCSE: Computing students, 9 – 17%, 9-8 – 30%, 9-5 96% (12 entries) / Creative Media, D*-D2 – 5%, D* - M2 74%, D*-P2 95% (19 entries)
- A Level: 1 x A, 5 x B, 1 x C (76 entries)
- KS5: BTEC Cambridge Tech IT, 6 x D*, 1 x D (8 entries)
St Thomas the Apostle school is a 11-18 Catholic boys’ school with a co-educational Sixth Form in South London. We are an outstanding school and 2017 TES Secondary School of the Year winners. We pride ourselves on our high expectations of all learners. This creates a calm learning environment where teachers can teach and students can learn.
Benefits of working at St Thomas the Apostle:
- New modern, light and airy building
- Outstanding facilities
- Excellent student behaviour freeing up teachers to teach for the duration of each lesson
- Support for training and development
- Commitment to staff wellbeing including annual staff wellbeing day
- Excellent public transport links
- Free onsite parking
- Safe and secure cycle storage
- Free use of the school gym
- Free use of the school swimming pool
- Free lunches for staff
- Pastries on a Friday morning
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular staff social events
Visits to the school are warmly encouraged - please contact Ellie Field or Francisca Márquez Arenas at the details below to arrange.
St Thomas the Apostle College is actively seeking to increase the proportion of our workforce who come from diverse background. We particularly welcome applications from people of Black, Asian and minority ethic descent.
Our school is an equal opportunities employer and committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. DBS check required.
This job post has expired.