Head of Curriculum (English)
Head of Curriculum (English)
MPR/UPR + TLR 2 (£6,829 gross per annum)
Commencing 24th August 2020
We are looking for a Head of Curriculum to lead our English team. This is an exciting opportunity to work as a leader of highly effective and experienced teaching staff in an outstanding, inclusive college. Outcomes for students are excellent, facilities are stunning and our reputation for quality is second to none.
The post holder will make a major contribution to our college’s operational activity and will have the opportunity to influence the strategic decision making of the college. In particular, this includes taking a lead on the cross-college literacy strategy.
A key part of the role is to lead and inspire colleagues, through personal example, provision of CPD, appraisal and day-to-day support; in turn maintaining and developing a cohesive teaching team with high aspirations. The postholder will ensure their curriculum area meets the targets for performance, promotes relevant courses and the college as a whole to prospective students, while ensuring that courses are viable and sustainable through the prudent and effective management of resources. The post comes with a teaching responsibility and a remission allowance (4 periods teaching, 1 period PPA, 5 periods remission).
One is the only outstanding Sixth Form College in Suffolk, offering 2100 students an inclusive and fresh approach to learning. We provide an inspirational environment, dedicated to offering students first class teaching, enrichment opportunities, resources and support whilst they study with us. Indeed, students’ success is our priority, as demonstrated by our ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted grading and we are ranked one of the top 3 institutions in the Government’s 2020 Performance Tables for progress in all three categories (A Level, Academic and Applied General) for colleges across the Eastern Region.
Essential educational requirements
Relevant degree and Teaching qualification
QTS or QTLS
Essential skills and experience
• A passion for their chosen subject area
• Up-to-date subject knowledge
• A willingness to work collaboratively, where ideas and teaching strategies are freely shared within a high-performing team
• A commitment to outstanding teaching and learning practices, with a desire for continual professional development
• Experience of, or enthusiasm for working with 16-19 year-old students
• Recent relevant and successful leadership or managerial experience at middle management level
• Experience of how to use appraisal to develop effective CPD and to raise standards
• High quality generic leadership and management skills
TLR 2 (£6,829 gross per annum)
About One Sixth Form College
- Scrivener Drive, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP8 3SU
- Sixteen Plus
- One Sixth Form College website (opens in a new window)