Head of Department English
This job expired on 20 April 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
20 April 2023 at 11:59pm
30 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Englishjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Monday - Friday
Full-time equivalent salary
- £28,000 - £43,685
- MPS-UPS (Negotiable) + TLR2D
What skills and experience we're looking for
The successful candidate will be:
- A dynamic, inspirational, and enthusiastic classroom practitioner with high expectations of themselves and others
- Fully committed to learning, high-quality teaching and raising standards of all students
- Passionate about your subject; able to inspire and motivate students and staff.
- Committed to ensuring all students reach their potential.
- Able to recognise opportunities and face challenges, whilst maintaining your sense of humour and care for young people
- Capable of promoting partnerships and collaborative working
- A role model for our students and staff
What the school offers its staff
We can offer:
- Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn
- An opportunity to be a historic founding member of staff at a truly unique school in an already exceptional MATA highly supportive leadership team and executive team invested in your growth and professional development
- A working culture that promotes diversity, equality, and social justice
- A caring working environment where your welfare is of paramount importance
- An opportunity to develop your leadership skills with an eye towards senior leadership in the future
- A well-resourced, hard -working and supportive team
- Excellent care and support for all staff
- Comprehensive induction and on-going opportunities for professional development
- A positive and stimulating learning environment which values the contribution of all staff
As a PACT employee you will have access to benefits listed below:
- Subsidised Private Health Care package
- Discounted gym membership
- Retail discounts and cashback
- Free and confidential advice, information, and counselling service
- 2.5 well-being days
Further details about the role
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for an aspiring leader to develop their career in a brand-new school that is fully supported by the infrastructure of a highly successful Trust - Prince Albert Community Trust (PACT).
We are looking to appoint a Head of Department for English who has the vision and passion to develop our English department and inspire the minds of our young people. We are looking for a Head of Department who is energetic, committed, and excited about producing an outstanding generation of young people who will not only transform their own life chances but make the world a better place The successful candidate will be energetic, committed, and excited about producing an outstanding generation of young people who will not only transform their own life chances but make the world a better place.
Prince Albert High opened in 2021 with a year 7 cohort and you will be joining us in the third year of our journey as we welcome a third intake of students. Prince Albert High is unique because it is one of the very few secondary schools where the incoming year 7 students and their families are well-known by our school. This is because the vast majority of our students come from the Multi-Academy Trust’s primaries. As the school enters its third year, you will have the opportunity to shape the school community and your career at Prince Albert High as the school grows.
We place bespoke professional development and support at the heart of all we do. We are relentless in the pursuit of excellence for all our stakeholders and firmly believe in the coaching model. Our mission is that through working together we aspire to achieve.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Prince Albert High School
- School type
- Free School, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 180 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Prince Albert High School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Arranging a visit to Prince Albert High School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email HR@the-pact.co.uk.
Similar jobs nearby
Eden Boys' Leadership Academy, Birmingham East
441 Alum Rock Road, Birmingham, West Midlands, B8 3DT
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Birmingham and West Midlands