- Job role
- Working pattern
- Contract type
- Fixed term (6 December 2021 to July 2022 (maternity leave cover))
- TMS1 to UPS3 £25714.00 - £41604.00 gross pa
Are you an outstanding teacher looking to develop your experience and professional career? We have an opportunity for you to do this to at St Bartholomew’s School. You might have a number of years’ experience in this type of role or looking for your first responsibility post. We pride ourselves on our academic success. Student progress is outstanding with the average P8 score for the last 4 years being 0.63.
We are searching for a full-time Head of Department: French to join us from 6 December 2021 on a fixed term basis until July 2022 (to be confirmed) to cover a period of maternity leave. The ability to teach German would be an advantage.
You will work in our committed and enthusiastic Modern Foreign Languages faculty in a modern school, supported by an excellent house system.
We are looking for:
An enthusiastic and passionate individual who can provide first class teaching.
We offer you:
• A vibrant school with outstanding facilities with a work room for every faculty and a laptop and desk for all teaching staff.
• Smaller than average class sizes (average 27 students per class).
• An environment where students have an excellent attitude to learning where they can grow academically and personally. Students’ behaviour and safety was judged by Ofsted as Outstanding.
• Students who, through the wide and diverse academic and extra-curricular opportunities they are offered, grow as individuals and happily contribute to the school community.
• A personalised professional development programme to support your individual career goals including opportunities to be coached or coach others, internal and external training throughout the year, lesson observation and feedback.
• Involvement in developing the school further including Action Research Teams, sharing excellent practice, an Exit Pass enabling you to spend time in other schools gaining and sharing knowledge.
• Regular opportunities for staff to come together both professionally and socially. Staff are kept up to date with regular communications as well as meetings (don’t worry, we only have them when we need to), sports activities and social gatherings.
• A free lunch every day.
• A level teaching is available for suitable candidates.
• Children of staff gain admissions preference as per the School Admissions policy.
St Bart’s is a leading academy school (1900 on roll with a Sixth Form of 570) in West Berkshire and our long history and excellent community links provide our students with opportunities in many ways.
Road links are good as we are close to the A34 and M4, as well as excellent public transport and within walking distance of Newbury train station.
Closing date: Sunday 26 September 2021
If selected for interview you will be given a tour of the school by our students so you can see first-hand all that we have to offer, we think you’ll be impressed. If you have any questions please contact us on 01635 521255 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful candidates will be subject to a DBS enhanced check along with other relevant employment checks.
TLR 2b £4786.00 gross pa for HOD
This job post has expired.
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- School size
- 1911 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
About St Bartholomew's School
We are an exceptional 11-18 comprehensive school, of over 1900 students and a sixth form of 570. We have fantastic modern facilities, where students have the right environment to show a consistent desire to learn and make excellent progress. Students’ behaviour and safety was judged by Ofsted as outstanding.
We pride ourselves on our academic success. For the last 5 years St Bart’s has secured the highest level of student attainment in West Berkshire state schools. In 2019 83% of our students achieved both GCSE English and Mathematics at level 4 or better and 29% of all grades were 9 – 7. Over the last 3 years our average Progress 8 score has been 0.62 which put St Bartholomew’s in the top 8% of schools nationally which we are very proud of. A level results are above national averages with 27% of all grades A*/A and 75% of all grades A* – C.