Head of Department - History
This job expired on 2 May 2023
Start date details
2 May 2023 at 12pm (midday)
29 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Historyjobs
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 per week
Full-time equivalent salary
- £29,344 to £44,919 + TLR2b £5690
What skills and experience we're looking for
● Have a passion for History & a drive to ensure that all students engage in a broad and balanced curriculum.
● Have knowledge of what makes a successful team & skillset to motivate teachers to continually improve & enhance their curriculum.
● Be up to date and familiar with the exam board and curriculum changes for History
What the school offers its staff
This is a brilliant opportunity to work in a school with an excellent Humanities team.
If you are looking to work in a great school with a clear team ethos, a collaborative approach to teaching & learning plus fantastic facilities; then Roding Valley could be the place for you.
We can offer:
● A team of highly skilled specialists across the humanities subjects
● A highly-skilled line manager who will support you to be an excellent head of department.
● Opportunities for continual professional development, including opportunities to ‘act up’ into senior roles & apply to be on our Extended Leadership Team
● Be part of a team of talented, subject specialist, middle & senior middle leaders
● Opportunities to work collaboratively with Trust schools (CLP)
● A friendly and supportive working environment.
● A comprehensive induction programme and an innovative Continuous Professional Development programme; including two coaching cycles.
● Bike to work Scheme.
● Freshly made food on-site delivered through our excellent canteen facilities.
About Roding Valley High School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1420 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Roding Valley High School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Essex, Southend and Thurrock