Head of Design Technology
8 days remaining to apply
Start date details
Starting September 2023
30 March 2023 at 9am
6 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
plus TLR 2b
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are seeking a passionate, energetic and ambitious Teacher of Design Technology to join us as we begin an exciting new chapter in the life of Wadham School. As part of an educational restructure in the local area, we have welcomed (this year) over 300 new students and 30 staff into our community and are now a secondary school of nearly 900 learners across Years 7-13.
This is a truly exceptional opportunity for a talented colleague.
We are looking for an outstanding individual who will relish the opportunity to:
- Take the lead in developing our Design Technology Curriculum within a new, small team.
- Foster a love of vocational learning and widen participation rates at KS4 and KS5.
- Take ownership of the Design Technology and Engineering spaces at Wadham School.
- Work with exceptional professionals to further develop a shared understanding of learning
You are likely to be someone who:
- Is an inspirational and skilled classroom teacher and teacher of students with SEND
- Champions inclusion and is passionate about supporting young people to work to their potential
- Has a clear understanding of why vocational pathways are equally important as academic ones
- Is ambitious for whole school leadership and thrives in an aspirational culture
- Will embrace our highly supportive, professional approach to school improvement
What the school offers its staff
Wadham School can offer you:
- The chance to be a part of an exciting educational journey alongside highly regarding professionals
- The opportunity to work with exceptional colleagues and wonderful young people and their families
- Strong and supportive leadership, who place value on learning beyond the classroom
- The opportunity to work in one of the most beautiful areas of Southern England
- Fulfilment, in knowing that you matter, and the work you do makes a positive difference to the lives you touch.
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
About Wadham School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, Church of England, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 466 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Wadham School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Are you looking to work in a Good school (Ofsted, June 2019) with a community working together for the best possible outcomes for young people? Wadham School is friendly, vibrant and forward looking. It is an exciting time at Wadham School. We strive to be a school which uses an evidence based approach to teaching and an ethos and drive for the school to be much more than just learning in lessons. A varied programme of extra-curricular activities and house competitions provides an exciting opportunity for staff to be involved in the wider school community. At our core is an aim, through everything that we do, to develop a sense of hope, a hope which will encourage and support students in becoming the best that they can be. The school serves a beautiful area of South Somerset with excellent links to the wider South West, Bristol and Bath and direct train links to London from Crewkerne itself and Taunton. If the above gives you a picture of a community that you would be excited to be part of then the students and staff at Wadham School invite your application and would love to meet you.
Arranging a visit to Wadham School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email LMahoney@wadhamschool.co.uk.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Somerset, Bath and Bristol