Head of Drama
1. To raise standards of student attainment and achievement within the whole curriculum area and to monitor and support positive student progress within the new Progress 8 measure.
2. To deliver a robust curriculum that challenges and supports student outcomes.
3. To support the delivery of excellent teaching within the department.
4. To seek excellence in every aspect of the department and act as an outstanding role model for members of the department in all aspects of work in school (teaching, professional conduct, meetings with parents/other agencies etc.)
Essential educational requirements
Good honours degree (2:2 or higher).
QTS or equivalent.
Evidence of further professional study
Essential skills and experience
A teaching experience of at least two years.
Recent and relevant teaching of good to outstanding lessons at Key Stages 3 and 4.
A track record of excellent student progress demonstrated by examination outcomes.
About St James School
St James is a thriving, diverse and proud community. As an inclusive and committed team we are positively and diligently raising standards. Our aim is for students to achieve excellent outcomes, move onto exciting post-16 activities and most importantly to gain a range of skills and experiences which enable them to be happy and successful in the future. We are an 11-16 mixed comprehensive school of 900 students situated in the East of Exeter on a relatively new, purpose-built site which offers excellent facilities for all our departments. We are a school with very high expectations of, and for, our students; only their best is good enough. We provide students with opportunities to shine through excellent teaching and innovative practice, a vibrant extra-curricular provision and a curriculum that challenges and inspires from the start of year 7 and is increasingly personalised as students move up through the school. We are one of the highest performing schools in the area, and regularly over-subscribed, because we believe that students achieve excellent outcomes as a result of five years at a school where they are happy and engaged at all times; where they are challenged from day one and are consistently supported to be the best they can be. Ofsted judged us to be a strong Good in our recent inspection in January 2018, but clearly acknowledged that we were on a clear trajectory to achieve Outstanding in the near future.
- Summer Lane, Exeter, Devon, EX4 8NN
- St James School website (opens in a new window)