The ideal candidate will:
- Be an inspiring teacher with real passion and enthusiasm for the
subject with excellent subject knowledge.
- Be an exceptional leader of the GCSE curriculum that leads to outstanding
outcomes for our students.
- Have proven leadership skills and experience, be able to bring others
on board, and challenge underperformance.
- Be able to communicate a strong vision for the Drama Curriculum with
a thorough knowledge of current curriculum developments in Drama.
- Be a good communicator, a strong team player and able to lead
- Be committed to delivering an excellent standard of teaching for
all students every lesson.
- Set themselves and their students high standards and have high
- Have a willingness to contribute to the department and whole school
projects, including the extra-curricular. life of the Academy.
- Have the skills and vision to lead high quality student
performances in conjunction with the other schools in the Trust.
a Rights Respecting Gold award school with a strong family ethos where
individuals are respected and valued.
committed to continuous improvement and creative and innovative in our
approach to all aspects of school life.
about student performance and developing our young people voice through
our Oracy program.
a whole range of opportunities to further develop colleagues’ teaching
skills and leadership potential.
well resourced and ICT rich.
- Are part of the
WHA Multi Academy Trust that provides numerous professional development
opportunities and on-site parking.
‘Outstanding, resilient and loving’ is how one of our students described
our school during our last Ofsted inspection, so we know you would love it here
– our friendly, supportive staff always go the extra mile for their
students. We are an Ofsted rated Good school, come and join us on our
journey to Outstanding.
value our people and are dedicated to making sure that everybody feels empowered
to bring their authentic self to work. We have an outstanding opportunity to
work at Saltley Academy as Head of Drama.
promise to treat all candidates fairly, consistently and with respect
throughout the application, assessment and selection process.
are also “happy to talk flexible working” subject to the operational
requirements of the role.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in theDBS filtering guide.
Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps