Head of English
Ark Pioneer Academy
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||£29,064 to £46,326|
Location: Barnet, London — a five minute walk from High Barnet tube station
Start: September 2020
Opportunity for an exceptional teacher to be a middle leader, shaping a brand new Ark secondary school in Barnet
In September 2019, Ark Pioneer, a non-selective secondary school, opened its doors to our brand new building in Barnet and welcomed in our first year 7. By the time these pupils reach year 13, we’ll have over a thousand pupils. Our school is focussed on delivering a standard of education matching the very best schools in the country. Our vision is that every pupil leaves Ark Pioneer with real options, be it embarking on the university course of their choice or starting out in their chosen career.
We are recruiting a team of exceptional staff to achieve our vision and work together to create a genuinely outstanding school. The new head of English will shape our provision in that area and will recruit and develop an exceptional team.
Middle leadership experience will not be a determining factor. The successful candidate will grow with our school: we will develop you, providing one-to-one support, coaching and access to extensive network training. You will also have the opportunity to collaborate on, and lead, network-wide projects.
The ideal candidate will
• Have a strong academic background, with good A Levels or equivalent, and a good degree
• Combine subject matter expertise with a passion for teaching English
• Have the commitment, skills and character required to build a successful department
• Share the Ark Pioneer vision and be aligned with the six pillars underpinning it.
• Value and support practices driving continued progress across the network of Ark schools.
Please submit your application by 9am on 17th February. For further information, a confidential discussion or any technical queries please contact email@example.com and the Principal will contact you.
Closing Date: 17th February
Interviews: Week beginning 24th February
Salary: ARK MPS £29,064 - £41,036 / UPS £43,078 - £46,326 plus TLR 1a – 1d
Contract: Full-time hours, permanent contract
We value diversity and are committed to safeguarding and promoting child welfare. The successful candidate will be subject to DBS and any other relevant employment checks.
Essential educational requirements
• Strong A Levels, or equivalent
• Qualified to teach and work in the UK
• Degree in English or related subject
Essential skills and experience
• Mastery of and enthusiasm for English & for reading
• Excellent understanding of both subject and general teaching pedagogy
• Experience of leading a team and/or developing others
• Experience of improving the quality of teaching and learning through the development of schemes of work and high quality resources
• Experience of leading successful enrichment which inspire and motivate learners
• Experience of raising attainment in a challenging classroom environment
• Experience of interpreting pupil data to drive lesson planning and pupil progress
• Effective and systematic behaviour management
• Knowledge of the national secondary education system, examinations and curriculum
Salary: ARK MPS £29,064 - £41,036 / UPS £43,078 - £46,326 plus TLR 1a – 1dMore on how to apply
|School type||Free School,|
|School size||No information available|
|Age range||11 to 19|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Ark Pioneer Academy website (opens in a new window)|
About Ark Pioneer Academy
In September 2019, Ark Pioneer, a non-selective secondary school, opened its doors to our brand new building in Barnet and welcomed in our first year 7. By the time these pupils reach year 13, we’ll have over a thousand pupils. Our school is focused on delivering a standard of education matching the very best schools in the country. Our vision is that every pupil leaves Ark Pioneer with real options, be it embarking on the university course of their choice or starting out in their chosen career.
, , EN5 2DN