Are you a passionate teacher looking for your next step? We are looking for a qualified, experienced teacher to join Harris Academy Chafford Hundred as Head of English.
The successful candidate will:
We're not your average school – we provide our children with an education that combines academic success with good character building to give them the best chance to flourish when they leave us. We are a school for the future, and it all starts with our talented and dedicated team.
We are committed to being the best that we can be. 140 people come to work each day and deliver a wonderful experience for our students. We want to sustain a long-term career in education; we believe in working hard but taking care of one another, and having a flexible approach to work, all while enjoying the rewards of watching our students thrive.
Whether you're a teacher, leader, or support staff member, we're all one team with a shared purpose, and shared values. We're curious to improve; not because we're not good enough but because we know we can be even better. We want to give you opportunities to grow and succeed, so we offer development at all levels. Whether that be supporting you through your degree or helping you to secure your first leadership opportunity, we can make it happen.
We care deeply about creating an inclusive environment for our staff and students, and we encourage candidates from all different backgrounds and identities to apply. Find out more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion, by reading ourEquality Statement.
We're proud to be part of the Harris Federation, the most successful large multi-academy trust in the country. And with our growing presence in the East Quadrant, where we are expanding in Thurrock and beyond, there's never been a better time to join us!
The purpose of your role will be:
- To be accountable for leading, managing and developing the subject area.
- To raise standards of student attainment and achievement within the whole subject/curriculum area and to monitor and support student progress.
- To ensure the provision of an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students studying in the department, in accordance with the aims of the academy and the curricular policies determined by the Governing Body and Principal.
- To teach the relevant subject across the age and ability range.
- To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
- To effectively manage and deploy staff, financial and physical resources within the department.
- To share and support the school's responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth.
Your main areas of responsibility will fall under the areas of:
- Operational and strategic planning (including formulating the subject and faculty improvement plans, and leading the development of appropriate syllabuses, resources, schemes of work, marking policies, assessment and teaching strategies)
- Ensuring the delivery of an appropriate, comprehensive, high quality and cost effective curriculum and leading development of the subject and its delivery
- Staff development (including recruiting, building and managing an effective team of motivated staff)
- Student outcomes (including ensuring the effective operation of target setting, monitoring and evaluation systems and the input and maintenance of accurate student data)
- Pastoral system (including being a form tutor to a selected group of students)
- Teaching, including acting as an outstanding role model
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, references, an online search, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed.
This job post has expired.