Required for September 2023PermanentInner London Pay Scale – MPS/UPS + TLR1d (£14,732)
E1 0LB, Whitechapel, London Borough of Tower Hamlets
There is a wave of change and improvement at Bishop Challoner, can you be part of our journey of improvement?
The Governors seek to appoint an outstanding practitioner who can offer vision, energy and creativity in leading the teaching in English.This is an integral, highly valued role to driving the school forward.The Headteacher is looking for someone with the drive, ideas and management experience to help maintain the high standards of the school.
Following a period of significant change Bishop Challoner Catholic Federation of schools are continuing to evolve and improve. The two schools will merge from September 2023 creating one co-educational school. This is a school in an area of relatively high deprivation which transforms the life opportunities of children.If you came into teaching to transform lives, then this is an opportunity for you to do so.We have state of the art buildings and facilities and a team of innovative, experienced and dedicated professional staff, Bishop Challoner is an exciting and supportive environment in which to work and develop your career.
This is a fantastic opportunity for exceptional existing or aspiring leader in English.You do not need to be a practising Catholic to apply.
Ofsted (2021) Quoted:
-“Pupils value their education”
-“Positive about the changes and routines that new leaders introduced”
-“New leaders and governors are ambitious and have set high expectations for all.They set about making important changes and have brought about notable improvements”
- A strong commitment to your professional development and career management - excellent CPD opportunities including bespoke individual and team-based training programmes at all levels
- A supportive environment in which your enthusiasm will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded
- A working environment focused on Teaching and Learning and raising standards for all
- A positive and stimulating school climate which values the contribution of all staff
We are looking for professionals with:
- The willingness to support our Catholic Ethos and mission
- Have the energy and commitment and vision to make a real difference
- Evidence of excellent classroom practice or the potential to achieve it
- A track record of successful student outcomes across the Key Stages
- High expectations of student attainment and behaviour
- Have the ability to inspire and motivate and be able to develop the potential of colleagues and students
- Passion for providing an extensive amount of extra-curricular opportunities for our young people
- Proven track record in raising performance in English.
If you have the passion and drive to lead the English faculty forward at Bishop Challoner, we look forward to hearing from you.
How to Apply:
Your application is a direct permanent application to Bishop Challoner.
To apply, you are required to complete our school application form. Please request an application pack from Ellie Field firstname.lastname@example.org call Ellie on 0207 259 8770 for more information.
Your application is a direct permanent application to our school (not through agency), Hays is our recruitment partner for all permanent appointments.
-Closing Date:Tuesday 21st March 2023 at 12 noon
-Interviews: Monday 27th March 2023
Our federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check. The Governing Body is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job post has expired.