- Job role
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- Inner London MPR / UPR plus TLR 1c (£12,060 per annum)
We are seeking to appoint an exceptional and inspirational teacher to lead, manage and provide strategic direction for our English Department from November 2021 until 31 August 2022 to cover the substantive post holder’s maternity leave.
You will be passionate about teaching and learning of English, with the vision, commitment and determination to raise standards across all levels and abilities. The ability to teach Drama is desirable.
The successful candidate will have:
• an excellent track record of raising attainment and examination results at Key Stage 4;
• a track record of outstanding teaching across all Key Stages;
• proven ability and enthusiasm to motivate students and staff;
• the ability to raise expectations and aspirations of students of all abilities;
• an understanding of effective strategies for urban schools;
• a desire to share experiences and good practice with colleagues.
Closing date: 9:30am on Monday 27 September 2021
Interviews: Friday 1 October 2021
Please note CVs are not accepted.
The Leathersellers’ Federation of schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all employees are required to have an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.
Appointment will be subject to qualifications, experience checks and satisfactory references.
This job post has expired.
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 3 to 16
- Education phase
- Primary, Middle, Secondary, 16-19
- School size
- 785 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 16
About Prendergast Vale School
Prendergast Vale School is an all through school, nursery to Year 11, and is part of the Leathersellers’ Federation of Schools. It is one of the top performing mixed schools for E-Bacc in Lewisham. The school benefits from being part of the Leathersellers’ Federation of Schools and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with colleagues across the Federation.
Our school motto is “We are forever learning” and the successful candidate will be expected to be committed to their own professional development. We are committed to providing excellent CPD for Middle Leaders and offer the accredited National Award for Middle Leaders (NPQML) to all Middle Leaders. We offer a comprehensive and supportive induction programme for all new members of staff. You will also have access to a rich and varied CPD programme within the school and across the Federation.
Arranging a visit to Prendergast Vale School
If you would like to visit the school or have a confidential telephone conversation with the Headteacher, then please contact Ruth Retamino, PA to Headteacher on 020 8297 3540 ext 4003 or email email@example.com.