Head of English & Media Studies
Deadline is today
Job start date
29 August 2023
27 March 2023 at 9am
15 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 hours a week
TLR 1a (£8706)
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic & ambitious practitioner to lead the English department in this highly successful, over-subscribed 11-16 School.
You would be tasked with building on the achievements of the past and spearhead the department to further outstanding success in the future.
- A highly qualified practitioner with a love of English?
- A believer in a holistic approach to education and want to transform lives as a key middle leader?
- Committed to providing an exciting & innovative curriculum for pupils of all abilities?
- Able to contribute to the school’s rich programme of extra-curricular activities?
- Ready to lead?
If the answer is yes to these questions, then we would love to talk to you!
What the school offers its staff
We can offer you the chance to develop as a leader in a school with:
- highly motivated, responsive pupils
- well-equipped departments
- a fantastically supportive team of colleagues
- within a strong ethos of supportive leadership development
Further details about the role
Please ensure your application form and covering letter includes examples of your experience and how you meet the criteria outlined in the job description and person specification. You are also very welcome to visit us prior to application.
Further information requests or completed applications should be sent to Helen Carnan by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01530 242351.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to email@example.comDownload an application form - 187 KB
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About South Charnwood High School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 861 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- South Charnwood High School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01530 242351
South Charnwood High School (Markfield) is an outstanding, oversubscribed and high-achieving 11-16 Secondary school. It lies in the heart of the Leicestershire countryside, with easy access to the M1.
Arranging a visit to South Charnwood High School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
John Ferneley College
Scalford Road, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, LE13 1LH
North Street, Ashby-de-la-Zouch, Leicestershire, LE65 1HX
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Leicestershire and Rutland