The ideal candidate for this role will have the ability to inspire children and young people, instilling a love of English both as an academic subject and in the world around them. Someone who is a tireless advocate for the subject, who is forward thinking in their approaches to development, change and improvement is essential for this role and school culture; we are developing an academic culture where the highest standards are expected of staff and students.
You will provide leadership for an already exemplary English department, developing the quality of teaching and ensuring high-quality learning takes place. You will ensure that outstanding attainment and progress are continued to be secured at all key stages.
In developing the Curriculum provision, the Head of Department will work closely with the Curriculum Centre and Trust subject leads, aligning their work with the Future Curriculum Design principles and Eight Habits. In KS3, there is a Trust requirement to use centrally produced Curriculum Centre resources.
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
• A strong academic record with a 2:1 degree or above from a leading university
• Qualified Teacher Status
• Great passion for their subject with high cultural literacy to deliver sophisticated lessons and continue to raise teaching standards across the English Department
• The enthusiasm and energy required to work with the children and young people in our schools
• An inspirational leader, with the capacity to develop excellence in others
• An unwavering belief in the power of education to change lives, as per our trust’s motto, libertas per cultum (freedom through education). We expect all teachers to share in, and feel empowered by, this concept
• Excellent CPD. The Trust is knowledge-centric and encourages CPD at all levels with excellent opportunities for swift career progression, within the Academy and Trust. This includes Leadership Development opportunities.
• Perkbox. Access to our employee benefits platform where you can access over 200 different Perks.
• Access to the government-backed Cycle to Work Scheme.
• Competitive salary and generous holiday entitlements alongside perks such as a season ticket loan and pension scheme.
Applying for the job
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying for Head of English position based at Pimlico Academy please follow the link to our careers page where you will be able to complete an online application form. We look forward to receiving your application
We welcome applications from candidates who are available from both January and Easter as we can be flexible on the start date for the right applicant.
Further details of working at Future Academies can be found on our website.Please note that Future Academies reserves the right to shortlist, interview and appoint before the closing date if a suitable candidate applies for the post.
More on how to apply