Head of Faculty - Business, Economics and Computer Science
This job expired on 24 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
Easter or September 2023 start
24 March 2023 at 9am
6 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Full timejobs - Full time teacher contract
- Leadership pay scale L2 to L8
Additional recruitment allowance for exceptional candidates
What skills and experience we're looking for
- To lead teaching and learning, demonstrating best practice and supporting colleagues to deliver aspirational and engaging lessons.
- To provide a well-planned, challenging and purposeful learning environment for students.
- To lead curriculum development work, including the implementation of course outlines, syllabi and schemes of work.
- To monitor, challenge and support the work of faculty staff (including support staff) through the quality assurance Cycle.
- To ensure effective development of students’ literacy, numeracy and information technology skills throughout the curriculum.
- To assist in the identification of student special educational needs, and support the work of the SEND Team, including participation in the writing and review of individual education plans.
- To manage the budget and resources, effectively establishing staff and resource needs for the subject ensuring value for money.
- To provide timetable information to the Timetable Lead and liaise with him to ensure the best use of subject and other expertise.
- Within the context of the Academy’s aims and policies, to develop and implement faculty policies, plans, targets and practices.
- To support the Directorate in the running of the Academy and be a penultimate member of the Leadership Team.
- To ensure that the faculty meets the requirements of the examination boards with respect to syllabus, moderation and marking.
- To prepare for and participate actively in meetings of the Leadership Team.
- To lead the production of the Faculty Improvement Plan as part of the Academy Improvement Plan, including consideration of staff development and training implications.
- To lead faculty meetings.ad the production of a faculty Self-Evaluation Form and update it termly.
For full job description please check our website
What the school offers its staff
One of the many advantages of working at TLA is that our staff enjoy a shorter day on Friday. In addition, we have access to private healthcare, support from our wellbeing team and we provide you with the help, support and resources you need to develop, including enhanced additional funding from our sponsor.
- Holiday– 30 days’ paid holiday a year plus bank holidays (statutory leave for teaching staff)
- Paid leave– enhanced sick pay, maternity pay and adoption leave pay
- Pension– a generous defined benefit pension with the Local Government Pension Scheme or Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Death in service payment– lump sum payment and an ongoing pension for your partner & children (subject to conditions & membership of our pension scheme)
Health and wellbeing
- Private healthcare– a Trust contribution towards your voluntary membership of Benenden Health for speedy private healthcare
- Flu vaccinations– offered free on-site every year
- Employee assistance programme– free, independent 24/7 help and advice, including face-to-face counselling, for any work-related issues or problems affecting your home life
- Wellbeing groups– each academy has a dedicated budget specifically for wellbeing activities
- Gym– free use of the Trust gym
- Environment– modern working environment with excellent facilities, where you might also discover a life-size plane hanging from the ceiling or an Iron Age roundhouse
- Professional development– full and part-funded training courses (including higher cost courses such as Masters, PhD) and a wide range of learning opportunities available to all
- Museum learning– dedicated on-site team to support the creation of powerful and exciting experiences for our students and staff
- Car parking– free and on-site
- Hot drinks– free tea & coffee provided for all staff
- Cycle-to-work scheme– save up to 32% on a new bike and accessories
- Discounts through Vivup– discounts on shopping, restaurants, days out, holidays, cinema tickets
Further details about the role
The Langley Academy is not just another school; it is a new way of learning, where each of us is encouraged to use our imagination to create new ways to ignite students’ desire to learn. Our state-of-the-art facilities, including our on-site museum and unique ‘Museum Learning’ approach, provide the backdrop to our success.
As one of our staff recently said: “We provide experiences to our whole school community, you simply don’t get anywhere else”
We are looking to appoint an outstanding practitioner and leader with a proven track record who can head up our already vibrant faculty. You will aspire to excellence in learning and teaching, setting a foundation where our students enjoy learning and where their aspirations are high.
This post presents an exciting opportunity for an outstanding teacher to work with colleagues to lead the Business, Economics and Computing faculty. You should be motivated, enthusiastic and inspiring; you must be self-confident and ambitious; possess excellent interpersonal skills; be able to make tough decisions; have sound judgement, especially when working under pressure.
Within our Trust, we believe there is no ceiling to achievement for our children or our teachers. We are dedicated to growing our young people into broad minded, critical thinking and confident adults. The successful candidate will help to shape our teaching practices so that our school community can achieve this ambition.
The trust reserves the right to appoint
ahead of the deadline.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About The Langley Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1140 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- The Langley Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01753 214474
The Langley Academy is a popular, oversubscribed, forward-thinking school offering a broad and rich curriculum. Providing the backdrop to our success are the state-of-the-art facilities, including our museum learning school, fully equipped theatre, extensive sports facilities and our science pods designed to deliver outstanding practical science. Our vision To provide an exceptional education for every child in the Trust through high aspirations, the belief that anything is possible, and the pioneering use of museum learning* encouraging curiosity, exploration and discovery. Here at the Langley Academy, there is no ceiling to achievement. Anything is possible! Our ethos ‘One community. Many ideas. Everyone’s Future’
Arranging a visit to The Langley Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
DEPUTY HEAD of 6th FORM & TEACHER OF ECONOMICS
Forest Hill School
Dacres Road, London, SE23 2XN
Curriculum Leader: IT and Computing
Lemsford Lane, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, AL8 6YR
The John Roan School
Westcombe Park Road, London, SE3 7QR
Head of Business Studies & Economics
Grant Road, Crowthorne, Berkshire, RG45 7HZ
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed