lead teaching and learning, demonstrating best practice and supporting
colleagues to deliver aspirational and engaging lessons.
provide a well-planned, challenging and purposeful learning environment for
lead curriculum development work, including the implementation of course
outlines, syllabi and schemes of work.
- To monitor, challenge and support the work of faculty
staff (including support staff) through the quality assurance Cycle.
- To ensure effective development of students’ literacy, numeracy and
information technology skills throughout the curriculum.
assist in the identification of student special educational needs, and support
the work of the SEND Team, including participation in the writing and review of
individual education plans.
manage the budget and resources, effectively establishing staff and resource
needs for the subject ensuring value for money.
- To provide timetable information to the Timetable
Lead and liaise with him to ensure the best use of subject and other expertise.
- Within the context of the Academy’s
aims and policies, to develop and implement faculty policies, plans, targets
- To support the Directorate in the running of the Academy
and be a penultimate member of the Leadership Team.
ensure that the faculty meets the requirements of the examination boards with
respect to syllabus, moderation and marking.
- To prepare for and participate actively in meetings of the Leadership Team.
- To lead the production of the Faculty Improvement Plan as part of the Academy Improvement Plan, including consideration of staff development and training implications.
lead faculty meetings.ad the production of a faculty Self-Evaluation Form and update it termly.
For full job description please check our website
One of the many advantages of working at TLA is that our staff enjoy a shorter day on Friday. In addition, we have access to private healthcare, support from our wellbeing team and we provide you with the help, support and resources you need to develop, including enhanced additional funding from our sponsor.
- Holiday– 30 days’ paid holiday a year plus bank holidays (statutory leave for teaching staff)
- Paid leave– enhanced sick pay, maternity pay and adoption leave pay
- Pension– a generous defined benefit pension with the Local Government Pension Scheme or Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Death in service payment– lump sum payment and an ongoing pension for your partner & children (subject to conditions & membership of our pension scheme)
Health and wellbeing
- Private healthcare– a Trust contribution towards your voluntary membership of Benenden Health for speedy private healthcare
- Flu vaccinations– offered free on-site every year
- Employee assistance programme– free, independent 24/7 help and advice, including face-to-face counselling, for any work-related issues or problems affecting your home life
- Wellbeing groups– each academy has a dedicated budget specifically for wellbeing activities
- Gym– free use of the Trust gym
- Environment– modern working environment with excellent facilities, where you might also discover a life-size plane hanging from the ceiling or an Iron Age roundhouse
- Professional development– full and part-funded training courses (including higher cost courses such as Masters, PhD) and a wide range of learning opportunities available to all
- Museum learning– dedicated on-site team to support the creation of powerful and exciting experiences for our students and staff
- Car parking– free and on-site
- Hot drinks– free tea & coffee provided for all staff
- Cycle-to-work scheme– save up to 32% on a new bike and accessories
- Discounts through Vivup– discounts on shopping, restaurants, days out, holidays, cinema tickets
Langley Academy is not just another school; it is a new way of learning, where
each of us is encouraged to use our imagination to create new ways to ignite students’
desire to learn. Our state-of-the-art
facilities, including our on-site museum and unique ‘Museum Learning’ approach,
provide the backdrop to our success.
As one of our staff recently said: “We provide experiences to our whole school community,
you simply don’t get anywhere else”
We are looking to appoint an
outstanding practitioner and leader with a proven track record who can head up
our already vibrant faculty. You will
aspire to excellence in learning and teaching, setting a foundation where our
students enjoy learning and where their aspirations are high.
post presents an exciting opportunity for an outstanding teacher to work with
colleagues to lead the Business,
Economics and Computing faculty. You
should be motivated, enthusiastic and inspiring; you must be self-confident and
ambitious; possess excellent interpersonal skills; be able to make tough
decisions; have sound judgement, especially when working under pressure.
Within our Trust, we believe there is no ceiling to
achievement for our children or our teachers. We are dedicated to growing our
young people into broad minded, critical thinking and confident adults. The successful candidate will help to shape
our teaching practices so that our school community can achieve this ambition.
The trust reserves the right to appoint
ahead of the deadline.
We have a strong culture of safeguarding where it is in our DNA, where we ALWAYS, without hesitation, act in the best interests of the children and students in our care. This is underpinned by high quality practice and policy.
Please follow the link on our website for wider safeguarding information:- https://www.langleyacademy.org - Safeguarding
This job post has expired.