MPS / UPS (fringe area) + TLR1b
HEAD OF FACULTY - HUMANITIES
CROXLEY DANES SCHOOL
MPS/UPS (Fringe Area) plus TLR1b
Required from 1st September 2021
We are seeking a full-time Head of Faculty – Humanities to provide leadership and direction for the Humanities Faculty and ensure that it is managed and organised to meet the aims and objectives of the school.
We would like you to have:
• Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) in Geography
• A passion for teaching and education in its widest sense
• Excellent subject and curriculum knowledge
• Experience and evidence of a positive impact as a subject leader or other similar role
• Experience of teaching at all Key Stages and demonstrating a positive impact on student progress and outcomes
• Ability to articulate an ambitious and appropriate vision for the faculty
• Ability to set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge both staff and students
• Ability to manage staff (collectively and individually), with structured challenge, support and CPD
• Ability to coach and train others to be highly effective teachers
• Ability to analyse and use data to raise departmental performance
• Excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate effective communication with a range of stakeholders
• A willingness to undertake Continuing Professional Development and Learning (CPDL)
• The ability to show initiative, to multi-task and develop existing skills
• Ability to demonstrate patience, flexibility and a sense of humour
• Ability to cope with pressure and demonstrate a calm and measured response
• A natural aptitude to model the Trust’s core behaviours – ‘We display transparency, kindness and respect in all our interactions with others, and support each other in all our endeavours. We are tenacious in our desire to make the difference together’.
• Holder of NPQML qualification or additional further professional qualifications
We can offer:
• A positive working environment within an extremely well-resourced school.
• The support of a highly professional and committed staff team and the opportunity to expand your professional networks beyond the Trust through our external partnerships
• The opportunity to develop your career within an expanding multi academy trust with a track record of excellent student attainment and achievement
• Exceptional professional development opportunities both within the Trust and across the Teaching School Alliance
The Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
The opportunity to work in a brand new school - opened Sep 2020
Fringe area salary + TLR1b
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
477 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About Croxley Danes School
Thank you for your interest in Croxley Danes School. This is an extremely exciting time to join School as September 2020, the school opened its brand new permanent accommodation at Baldwins Lane Green, including a building with capacity over 1200 students. The site comprises 12.3 hectares. far surpasses need six form entry school, therefore space afforded students on is, compared other local schools, second none. Furthermore, has been meticulously designed ensure both and staff experience first-class learning environment. More details about (and images of) can be found here Educational Trust currently schools: St Clement School, Chancellor’s Onslow Audrey’s De Havilland Primary Elstree Screen Arts Academy. Dr Josephine Valentine OBE CEO of Trust. She was Headteacher 20 years. National Leader Education, DfE Advisor oversight all five schools. If appointed, will benefit from teaching within established, outstanding whilst also contributing education first cohorts stage development. We are heavily over-subscribed 660 across Years 7-10 who aspirational, confident have excellent attitudes learning. They proud being excited future. Staff overwhelmingly report that they delightful teach fun classroom. Their behaviour excellent. look talented committed people work hard keep them, helping them reach their full potential. In return we offer exceptional CPD through Herts & Bucks Teaching Alliance. You should possess communication organisational skills, working, flexible professional. high expectations students, colleagues yourself, displaying energy enthusiasm out classroom, school’s overall success. A willingness contribute areas life would welcome. team happy stable one; capable, conscientious self-motivated learners. Have our website's news pages get taste student or follow us Twitter @croxleydanes. watch students' video below which prepared last year's Open Day September. close beautiful countryside - Google Chess Valley Metropolitan line into London. few minutes Jct 18 M25, towns regularly voted some best places UK live raise family and, although affluent part country, there plenty affordable housing nearby Watford surroundings. I want strong community. share commitment educational excellence, hear you. choose apply job Trust, happy, successful making wise investment future career. like organise visit if discuss any position more detail then please contact Dawn Gamble (Recruitment Manager) firstname.lastname@example.org. Trust’s core values are: value joy together encourage everyone feel optimistic how shape it support individuals developing resilience enable respond change grow result wellbeing learn schools provide equality opportunity safe secure environment Websites – www.croxleydanes.org.uk / www.daneseducationaltrust.org.uk MR S THOMPSON HEADTEACHER
Arranging a visit to Croxley Danes School
Please contact Dawn Gamble - email@example.com