Head of Faculty Modern Foreign Languages
Deadline is tomorrow
Job start date
1 September 2023
22 March 2023 at 12pm (midday)
2 November 2022
- Key stage 5
- View all Languagesjobs
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5
- Leadership Scale 3 – 5 (46,549 - 48,895)
What skills and experience we're looking for
- An outstanding practitioner and leader who is ready to further develop their leadership skills with ambitions to progress to into Senior Leadership in the future.
- The position is suitable for an experienced practitioner with proven track record to enthuse a proactive Faculty.
- A dynamic and inspiring leader to work collaboratively with the Senior Leadership Team to enthuse students about Modern Foreign Languages and with the ability to work effectively as part of a team within the Academy to provide an outstanding educational experience.
- An individual who wishes to be innovative in the design and development of the Modern Foreign Languages curriculum and play a strategic role in the development of the Academy.
- A leader committed to the importance of Modern Foreign Languages in transforming students' understanding and application of knowledge of different cultures and the world around them to raise their aspirations.
- A leader committed to giving students extra-curricular opportunities.
What the school offers its staff
The Trust can offer:
- Strong support in personalised professional development as a Modern Foreign Languages teacher within a successful Curriculum Area.
- Opportunity to support the development of new teachers via Mid Essex ITT.
- Opportunity to complete relevant NPQ courses.
Further details about the role
We are seeking to appoint a passionate and highly motivated individual who will contribute to the continued improvements in the MFL Faculty results in recent years. The appointed person will join an ambitious and successful MFL Faculty and be supported by a team of experienced teachers. The curriculum currently delivers French and Spanish and supports exam entry to other languages dependent on student ability and background.
Commitment to safeguarding
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share in the commitment. Appointments will be subject to DBS clearance and satisfactory references.
Applying for the job
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to firstname.lastname@example.orgDownload an application form - 578 KB
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About The Ramsey Academy, Halstead
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 793 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- The Ramsey Academy, Halstead website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
The North Essex Multi-Academy Trust was established in September 2013 and currently consists of two secondary schools and a primary school, all judged as “Good” by Ofsted. The position will be based at The Ramsey Academy, Halstead. (“A good school where all leaders and managers have high ambitions for the students ensuring every student has the opportunity to achieve as well as they can" - Ofsted). One of the most improved schools in Essex and Nationally (Progress 8 score 2018 +0.21).
Arranging a visit to The Ramsey Academy, Halstead
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Essex, Southend and Thurrock