Head of Food Technology
Norbury Manor Business and Enterprise College for Girls, Thornton Heath, Surrey
|Subject||Design and technology|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £28,354 to £44,540|
If you are an outstanding teacher looking for the next step in your career, this role could be for you! We are looking for an experienced Food Technology specialist to join our Art and Design Faculty as a Head of Subject.
Food Tech is a popular subject taught to all our KS3 students and we offer GCSE (WJCE) in Hospitality and Catering. You will have an engaging teaching style with the knowledge and skills required to lead your subject and a willingness to teach Textiles and/or Product design at KS3.
Main purpose of the job:
• Be responsible for the learning and achievement of all pupils in the class/es ensuring equality of opportunity for all
• Be responsible and accountable for achieving the highest possible standards in work and conduct
• Treat pupils with dignity, building relationships rooted in mutual respect, and at all times observing proper boundaries appropriate to a teacher’s professional position
• Work proactively and effectively in collaboration and partnership with learners, parents/carers, governors, other staff and external agencies in the best interests of pupils
• Act within, the statutory frameworks, which set out their professional duties and responsibilities and in line with the duties outlined in the current School Teachers Pay and Conditions Document and Teacher Standards (2012)
• Take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school
Head of Subject TLR £2,762.95
We have a health cash plan with Simply Health, Bike2 Work Scheme and staff well being programme which includes Mental Heath First Aid, staff yoga and social events.
|School size||1158 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 19|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Norbury Manor Business and Enterprise College for Girls website (opens in a new window)|
About Norbury Manor Business and Enterprise College for Girls
Norbury Manor Business and Enterprise College for Girls is an over-subscribed 11-18 girls’ school ranked in the top 10% of schools in the country. It is a unique community where all students and staff are valued as individuals. We draw strength from our diversity and take pride in our cultural richness and utilise both in preparing students to embrace their places in the local and global communities. We are dedicated to preparing students for the future – to developing confident, motivated and resilient independent learners. Norbury Manor students are encouraged to establish a strong sense of self-worth; they become articulate young adults who are both creative and enterprising.
Kensington Avenue, Thornton Heath, Surrey, CR7 8BT