An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head of Food & Catering at The Hazeley Academy.
The subject has seen significant growth in students selecting it for GCSE and provides key life skills for all students in the earlier years. This
is a strategic, middle-leadership position and the successful candidate will have an amazing opportunity to grow the subject within the Academy.
The subject has a well-resourced kitchen with an attached classroom allowing for flexible and efficient delivery of both theory and practical
lessons. Several experienced staff deliver the subject, and it is taught in a rotation in Year 7 and 8 enabling real development of skills and
knowledge in our students.
If you feel you have the passion to take these ingredients and turn them into an incredible recipe for success for the subject, we look forward
to hearing from you. You are more than welcome to get in touch for an informal discussion and/or tour of the academy.
What can the Hazeley Academy offer you?
● A friendly and supportive working environment which is well resourced and has excellent facilities
● A well-developed induction programme for new members of staff
● The opportunity to teach across all Key Stages
● Enthusiastic, hard-working students who are grateful for the education and opportunities they receive
● A commitment to your professional development with a 5 year career flight plan
● A great place to work! A staff survey revealed that our staff ranked us as ‘outstanding’ in core areas including appreciation of staff and
developing staff moral
You will have the opportunity to develop through our dedicated 5 Dimensions Leadership and Training Centre which offers a wide-ranging and
nationally recognised professional development opportunities.
5 Dimensions Trusts schools are consistently ranked amongst the highest-achieving schools in Milton Keynes. We are on a mission to make
our Trust the very BEST place to work and study and place the wellbeing of our staff at the forefront of our actions. Our staff wellbeing
programme is varied and well attended. We offer access to a fitness suite at Shenley Brook End School; Cycle to Work scheme; yoga classes
and our weekly social briefing with breakfast provided. We offer a wide range of social events such as quiz nights, bike rides, dog walks, arts
and crafts events such as bake-off challenge and Christmas wreath making. In addition, we offer a generous pension scheme, access to high
quality training, and incremental pay progression.