Head of Geography
17 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
17 April 2023 at 12pm (midday)
16 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Geographyjobs
- View all Full timejobs - The school is happy to consider full-time and part-time (0.8 FTE) applications
- View all Part timejobs - The school is happy to consider full-time and part-time (0.8 FTE) applications
- Outer London MPS/UPS
TLR from 2A (£3,017) to 2C (£7,368) dependent on experience
What skills and experience we're looking for
An exciting opportunity has arisen to appoint a dynamic and inspirational practitioner to lead our Geography Department. Geography is a hugely successful and popular subject at Hatch End High School at both Key Stage 4 and Key Stage 5.
The successful applicant will:
- be an excellent and ambitious classroom teacher;
- have a proven and demonstrable track record of success at GCSE and A Level;
- have at least two years successful GCSE and/ or A Level teaching;
- have a good understanding of the current educational developments, especially those relating to classroom based practice;
- have the highest expectations of students;
- have an enthusiastic and positive approach within and beyond the classroom;
- have energy, stamina and a sense of humour.
What the school offers its staff
Continuing professional development for our Middle Leaders is at the core of everything we do, and you would be joining an organisation which would offer numerous career developments to Senior Leadership and beyond.
- be ambitious and always expect the highest standards from students and staff;
- provide a creative and stimulating teaching and learning environment in which each and every student feels safe and secure to express themselves and fulfill their optimum potential;
- deliver a broad and exciting curriculum which stretches all our students and enables them to achieve, develop and extend their life skills;
- create a calm and disciplined environment in which positive relationships flourish;
- work in co-operation and partnership with our families and wider community in a common endeavour to deliver excellence;
- develop out students’ appreciation and respect for others as well as for themselves;
- reflect regularly on our school’s strengths and areas for development in order to continue to thrive.
Why work at Hatch End High School?
- In joining Hatch End High School you can expect to work in an environment where teaching and learning is at the heart of everything we do; and where all staff work as a community to support our students to fulfill their potential.
- The school has a comprehensive professional development programme tailored to individual needs, from ECT to middle and senior leadership; new staff are supported and guided by highly skilled and experienced colleagues, and by partners in external organisations.
- Staff have a wide range of opportunities to collaborate and develop their career within the Harrow Collegiate Alliance.
- Staff are afforded many benefits and rewards such as a staff wellbeing programme including free Pilates classes, eye tests and the Cycle to Work Scheme.
- We have excellent transport links with central London, Hertfordshire, Brent and Barnet.
Further details about the role
End High School has a successful and experienced Geography department and has always
been a popular option choice at both GCSE and A Level. We are looking to
appoint an inspirational and dynamic Head of Geography with the drive and
determination to really build on our current successes and continue to ensure
the best possible outcomes for our young people. This is a key appointment and
represents an excellent opportunity for a strong practitioner looking for
progression and curriculum leader responsibility.
As the world becomes increasingly globalised, few subjects can claim to be more relevant or applicable to twenty-first century citizens of the planet than Geography. Our aim at Hatch End High School is to stimulate wonder for and appreciation of the world we live in. Students are given the opportunity to analyse the complex interactions between places and people, engage critically with real world issues, and apply their own geographical knowledge and understanding to make sense of the world around them.
We are using evidence informed practice to support our pupils to “know more and remember more” and reflect on our curriculum offer regularly to ensure we are developing our students’ sense of place and enabling them to draw on their own personal geographies. In addition to the development of the curriculum, the department prides itself on the extra-curricular activities and fieldwork opportunities offered to our students.
Applying for the job
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to firstname.lastname@example.orgDownload an application form - 59.1 KB
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Hatch End High School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1162 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Hatch End High School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Hatch End High School is a high performing, innovative Academy in Harrow with a large and highly successful Sixth Form. We are extremely proud of our diverse and multi-ethnic cohort and outstanding reputation for inclusion. Standards and progress are high, but we are never complacent. Our school ethos, WE CARE: Co-operation, Ambition, Respect, Empathy, underpins everything we do.
Arranging a visit to Hatch End High School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Harris Science Academy East London
Three Mill Lane, London, E3 3DU
Harris Academy South Norwood
Cumberlow Avenue, London, SE25 6AE
Woolwich Polytechnic School
Hutchins Road, London, SE28 8AT
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Harrow