Head of Geography
We are looking for a passionate Head of Geography to lead the team and deliver high-quality lessons while successfully nurturing and inspiring our students and staff. As part of our energetic and welcoming team, you will enthuse and motivate students to strive for success while maintaining a healthy learning environment for all children within the school.
Essential educational requirements
Good Honours Degree
Essential skills and experience
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL:
• Have a love of Geography and what it can bring to the world.
• Have evidence of leadership potential.
• Have detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery.
• Have the ability to teach across the age and ability range from 11 – 18.
• Have the ability to deliver and inspire Geography at KS3, KS4 and A-Level.
• Have high standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
• Love to work as a team.
• Have the ability to work towards deadlines.
• Be reflective and open to their continual development.
• Have the passion to motivate both students and their peers.
• Be highly motivated and enthusiastic.
• Have excellent attendance and punctuality.
• Have experience innovating to deliver the curriculum.
• Have a great sense of humour.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
• A competitive salary.
• Responsibility for the quality of teaching and learning in Geography.
• A school that is fully dedicated to developing every child to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
• Collaborative working to support our endeavours to work smarter and achieve an effective balance between home and work.
• A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
• Internationally recognised Reflective Practice Programme.
• Comprehensive support package through your career.
• Free onsite parking.
• Onsite canteen.
• Free on-site gym.
• Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students without limitations.
• Exciting, accelerated leadership development and early promotion opportunities for the right candidates.
• Staff wellbeing is also very important to us and as such we operate a “buddy system”.
• A termly prize draw.
About Dene Magna School
Secondary School and Sixth Form
- Abenhall Road, Mitcheldean, Gloucestershire, GL17 0DU
- Dene Magna School website (opens in a new window)