- Job role
- Working pattern
- Full time
32.5 hours per week (full time)
- Contract type
- Main or Upper Pay Scale (salary range £26,948 to £42,780)
What are we looking for?
An inspiring and motivational Head of Department who can enthuse and engage students to achieve their full potential and build on the very high standards of this successful department
A committed individual who wishes to add to the success of the Geography department by implementing their own ideas and strategies and embrace creativity, innovation and the very best practice in teaching
What can we offer you?
• A commitment to continuing professional development
• Support for teachers wishing to complete a Masters in Education
• Accelerated pay progression for exceptional teachers
• Opportunity to teach to A-level
• A commitment to providing teachers with excellent resources, clerical support, LSA support and a disciplined environment
• A Geography department which is held in high regard by pupils and parents
• 149 students currently taking GCSE Geography and 19 A-level
• We are an 11 – 18, co-educational, friendly and heavily over-subscribed all ability Academy with high standards and high expectations
• Situated just north of the M25 close to the train station with a fast service to London and Cambridge
• We moved into our new school buildings, adjacent to the previous school, in April 2021
• “You are ambitious for pupils and have high expectations of them. Consequently, you do your utmost to ensure that all pupils are well supported to meet the challenging targets you set. Pupils enjoy learning at the school and they feel teachers help them to do their best. Pupils value their time at school” (Ofsted November 2017)
We are an Equal Opportunities employer. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects anyone applying to work in our school to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to pre-employment checks, including a satisfactory enhanced criminal records with Barred List check through the Disclosure and Barring service.
Plus TLR 1(a) £8,292 and including the London Fringe Allowance
Applying for the job
Please complete a copy of the school's application form and return, with your letter of application, to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- School size
- 1314 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
About The Broxbourne School
Broxbourne is situated in Hertfordshire close to the A10 about 5 miles north of the M25. The school occupies a large attractive site in the Green Belt. The school is about a fifteen minute walk from Broxbourne Station from where there are trains to London Liverpool Street, Cambridge and Hertford. The school receives pupils from Broxbourne, Wormley, Hoddesdon and Cheshunt and the surrounding villages. The school have recently moved into a new £30m purpose built new school, adjacent to the previous school.
Arranging a visit to The Broxbourne School
Please contact the Headteacher's PA to arrange a visit to the school.