Head of Geography
This job expired on 4 June 2023
Job start date
1 September 2023
4 June 2023 at 12pm (midday)
22 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Geographyjobs
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 hours per week
- Teachers Main Pay Scale/Upper Pay Range
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are seeking an exceptional Head of Geography to join our enthusiastic team here at The Hastings Academy.
Your key responsibilities of this varied role will include:
- Working alongside the Assistant Principal developing and leading an exciting curriculum which enables the highest level of student progress and attainment and is an example of best practice for others
- Operationally leading the Geography department on a day to day basis
- Supporting the Principal in recruiting, inducting and developing theteam to ensure consistently high standards of teaching
- Demonstrating the model of what it takes to be an outstanding teacher and subject leader; acting as an example to all middle leaders
- Delivering high quality, engaging and effective learning through comprehensive curriculum knowledge and excellent professional skills
Closing date: 4 June 2023 - Early applications are encouraged as interviews may take place before the closing date.
Interview date:By arrangement
What the school offers its staff
We truly value the experience,dedication, and commitment of all our employees and believe in the power of motivated and happy staff. This is why we seek to enrich and reward our employees wherever we can, by offering a wide range of exciting and useful employee benefits. These include:
- Automatic annual pay increments
- High quality continuous professional development and support for your career progression
- A strong commitment to your health & wellbeing including; onsite Wellbeing Champions, designated Mental Health Ambassadors, flexible working opportunities from Day 1, and Employee Assistance programme
- Generous public sector pension scheme
- Discounts on retail & travel
- Cycle 2 Work scheme
- Charity Giving
We are proud to be part of the University of Brighton Academies Trust; a family of infant, primary and secondary schools based in Sussex.Working Together, Delivering Excellence, Achieving Ambitions, and Nurturing Potential are the values that guide us. Our mission is to ‘inspire our children and staff to flourish and achieve their best’ so we positively impact our communities we serve. We aim to create a vibrant, inclusive community, transforming lives and broadening horizons through excellent teaching and learning.
The University of Brighton is the sponsor of the University of Brighton Academies Trust. Close connection with the university allows us to draw on the expertise of its education experts and external contacts – something that greatly benefits our academies and our pupils.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About The Hastings Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 857 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- The Hastings Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Our staff are rightly proud to be effecting change at The Hastings Academy and believe that the education provided to our students, will enable them to find success, be happy in their learning and achieve their goals. We greatly value and encourage our community to work with us in our endeavour to help each child realise their potential and we are relentless in pursuing every avenue and form of support to ensure we fulfil this promise. All who work and are a part of The Hastings Academy are continually striving to ensure we are the academy of choice for our community and therefore, we actively encourage prospective parents, carers and students to come and visit our place of learning. We look forward to seeing you.
Arranging a visit to The Hastings Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Hastings and East Sussex, Brighton and Hove